Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Scooter Magazines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
BGTsoccer1

2009 Pamplona 150

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Good Scooter Magazines? Reply with quote

I work 3rd shift at a large jail and have some down time due to Inmates sleeping. We cant take much of anything fun in with us because....well.....its a very large jail. So I always try to find good magazine subscriptions. I would like a couple scooter magazines to pass some time but dont want to end up with a year subscription of a crappy one. I would prefer it to be at least a monthly subscription although it seems that Scoot! being bi-monthly might still be worth the wait. Anyone have any subscriptions or looked through any scooter magazines/books that you would be comfortable recomending?
pyrocpu

Blackjack!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered the same thing.

I concluded the best way to burn time on The Commode (the other magazine reading location, naturally), is to read Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa via iPhone. Material's always new, and enough reviews pop up to make things interesting!

hcstrider

2007 Buddy 125 Italia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribe to Scoot! Magazine which I think comes out bi-monthly but it seems kind of hit and miss whether the issues are bi-monthly or quarterly. I enjoy reading this magazine and I probably read each issue cover-to-cover about 2 or 3 times.

I am not familiar with other scooter magazines but this posting lists several other scooter magazines:

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11377&highlight=scooter+magazine

BGTsoccer1

2009 Pamplona 150

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrocpu wrote:

I concluded the best way to burn time on The Commode (the other magazine reading location, naturally), is to read Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa via iPhone. Material's always new, and enough reviews pop up to make things interesting!

Yeah that would be great but those two way communication devices arent allowed either. Maybe I should change jobs so I can keep up with Modern Buddy all night....
Lookin' To Scoot

2009 Seafoam 125

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrocpu wrote:

Are you concerned about the long-term effects the air quality might have on the iPhone?
pyrocpu

Blackjack!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' To Scoot wrote:
pyrocpu wrote:

Are you concerned about the long-term effects the air quality might have on the iPhone?

I think there's an app for that in the App Store, to purify the air... Very Happy
j/k

Prairiedale

09 Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There really IS an app for everything
Howardr

'13 Yamaha Majesty, 99Helix w/sidecar, 08 Piaggio X-9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that I am resurrecting on old thread, but I wanted folks to know that there is, again, an American scooter magazine.

The Scooter 'Zine began in early 2019 and has been growing slowly and steadily. I know, because I am the editor and publisher.

The Scooter 'Zine is bi-monthly and is available in print (B&W) or digital (full color) formats. Each issue features an individual rider, a local shop, a scooter club, a scooter history column as well as feature stories, reviews and other great stuff. Great photos, too.

Currently, we have no advertisers, which means that every single page is devoted entirely to great content for you.

If you want to keep up on announcements and other fun stuff please follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram.

Subscriptions are just $20/year and you can find out how to subscribe at thescooterzine.com

Have a great week
Ride Safe

Howard

olhogrider

Royal Alloy 150

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard, you need to publish a link or something on your page. SUBSCRIBE NOW simply gives me your email. When I type that into PayPal it tries to charge me another $5.98 or some random amount on top of your payment. If you make it difficult to pay you, you won't get many subscribers.

I used the app on my phone so you should get it now.
Howardr

'13 Yamaha Majesty, 99Helix w/sidecar, 08 Piaggio X-9

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I shall talk with my IT department (aka my son-in-law) about clearing that up.

Thanks for the subscription

Howard

2003stellaDave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooternova is good. It’s mostly vintage Vespas and Lambrettas. Excellent photography.

I’ve subscribed to Scootering in the past but it bugs me too much. Too frigging English and sentimental.
JettaKnight

2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin' To Scoot wrote:

Mental note: never buy a used phone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: