Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polini Pipe & Cylinder Kit for Stella 4T!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Polini Pipe & Cylinder Kit for Stella 4T! Reply with quote

Saw a pic of one of these among some EICMA photos and found it on the Polini site. No other info yet…

http://uk.catalogo.polini.it/catalogo/en/risultato.php?op=po&id=158956

Then I found this…

http://uk.catalogo.polini.it/catalogo/en/risultato.php?op=po&id=158896

165cc kit!

Huh!

Last edited by ericalm on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roose Hurro

None, as yet...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Cubic Inches... Reply with quote

Wasn't there supposed to be a 200cc kit for the 4T Stella?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
EvilTweety

Stella 4T (someday)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would the pipe and 165 CC kit do for top end speed?
Silver Streak

Stella 4T, Vespa LX190, Vespa LXV150ie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! Now my dilemma is going to be whether to go ahead and void my warranty...

Tweety, that is a difficult question to answer. It depends on whether the top speed on that bike is limited by horesepower vs. wind resistance or by gearing.

These mods would certainly give you more torquey response, but I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer on top speed until someone tries it.

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
ericalm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cubic Inches... Reply with quote

Roose Hurro wrote:

There's a 200cc ENGINE available for it. But now that LML has introduced the injected 200cc, I don't know how long the carbureted versions of these things will be around.

Roose Hurro

None, as yet...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Cubic Inches... Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
Roose Hurro wrote:

There's a 200cc ENGINE available for it. But now that LML has introduced the injected 200cc, I don't know how long the carbureted versions of these things will be around.

That's even better... much prefer a factory 200cc to a kitted scoot. FI is a plus.

spd122

2009 Stella Avocado

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I would necessarily want to get rid of my 2T, but I am wondering if it would be possible to shoehorn the 200 cc FI engine into my 09 Stella 2T. Just a curiosity.
ericalm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spd122 wrote:
Not that I would necessarily want to get rid of my 2T, but I am wondering if it would be possible to shoehorn the 200 cc FI engine into my 09 Stella 2T. Just a curiosity.

No, not at all possible. The 4T back end is a completely different design under the cowls and has a separate frame under there for the engine.

jmkjr72

stella and a zuma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spd122 wrote:

where there is a will there is a way but it will take a lot of custom fab work

so unless you got a wleder and a grinder and maybe a plasma cutter then proably not

aja fresco

Honda Nighthawk 250

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cubic Inches... Reply with quote

[quote="Roose Hurro"]
ericalm wrote:
Roose Hurro wrote:

Is Genuine Scooters going to start selling the Stella 4t 200cc fuel injected models in 2011??? or do we have to wait?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

2 - many

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spd122 wrote:

Find a 1979 (the best year for them!) P200 motor and it will fit right in!

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
ericalm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cubic Inches... Reply with quote

aja fresco wrote:
ericalm wrote:
Roose Hurro wrote:

Is Genuine Scooters going to start selling the Stella 4t 200cc fuel injected models in 2011??? or do we have to wait?

No word, but I think it's highly unlikely given that the 150s are certified for sale in 50 states and are en route.

aja fresco

Honda Nighthawk 250

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm. do you really get 140 mpg on your new Stella 4-stroke? What is the "real world" mpg?
ericalm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aja fresco wrote:
ericalm. do you really get 140 mpg on your new Stella 4-stroke? What is the "real world" mpg?

Certainly more than 100mpg. I haven't been diligent about tracking my mileage but the one time I did, I was getting close to 120! This was after engine break in.

I do know that it seems that when I ride my Vespa, I have to fill it about twice as often.

mattgordon

The Dragon Red Piaggio BV-350 guy...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm wrote:
aja fresco wrote:

Certainly more than 100mpg. I haven't been diligent about tracking my mileage but the one time I did, I was getting close to 120! This was after engine break in.

I do know that it seems that when I ride my Vespa, I have to fill it about twice as often.

We had 2 Vespa ET4's which we bought new and rode for 5 years and never did better than 48 mpg on either.

Our Buddy's on the other hand are both substantially more fuel efficient than our Et-4's ever were. I've heard some claim 70, 80 mpg on ET-4s or LX-150's but I'm a doubter...

I tend to agree with you about filling up twice as often on your LX....
Silver Streak

Stella 4T, Vespa LX190, Vespa LXV150ie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattgordon wrote:
ericalm wrote:
aja fresco wrote:

We had 2 Vespa ET4's which we bought new and rode for 5 years and never did better than 48 mpg on either.

Our Buddy's on the other hand are both substantially more fuel efficient than our Et-4's ever were. I've heard some claim 70, 80 mpg on ET-4s or LX-150's but I'm a doubter...

I tend to agree with you about filling up twice as often on your LX....

I used to get about 70 consistently on my carbed LX150 until I modded it extensively (190 kit, performance variator and pipe, etc.)... now I get about 58. My new, just-about-broken-in, fuel-injected LXV150ie is getting nearly 80 mpg. Belt CVTs lose a lot to friction, compared to gears, but the economy is OK on a well-tuned scoot at sea level (like I am).

Really looking forward to getting economy like Eric's on my 4T Stella, if and when it ever gets here.

www.glyphukulele.com

"You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice."
ericalm
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Streak wrote:
I used to get about 70 consistently on my carbed LX150 until I modded it extensively (190 kit, performance variator and pipe, etc.)... now I get about 58.

Been a long time since I tracked MPGs on my LX but I'd guess it's roughly similar (with similar mods). One reason I don't keep close track of MPGs is that eventually I just chalked it up to "damn good." But the mileage on the Stella is "damn better."

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

2 - many

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't even bother to check mileage. It's too much like work and it's not going to change how I ride.

With that said my Burgman has an mpg display. I lost about 2 mpg when I changed from stock to a Clearview medium windshield. But I love the Goldwing vent in the Clearview!

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: