Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tach needle sticking problem? FIXED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: tach needle sticking problem? FIXED Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm wondering who is all having issues with there tach needle sticking?
Mine only sticks when its is in the sun. If its in the shade it is fine. If it calibrates on start up it is fine.

I think I might see the issue here. If you look at this picture around the bottom of the needle/pin you will notice the needle rubs on the face of it. I don't think it rubs when its cool but the sun heats it up and it warps just enough to hit the needle? Any thoughts?

Last edited by relenger on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
chickdr

'11 Blur SS220i , '13 FZ6R

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: tach needle sticking problem? Reply with quote

relenger wrote:
Hey guys, I'm wondering who is all having issues with there tach needle sticking?
Mine only sticks when its is in the sun. If its in the shade it is fine. If it calibrates on start up it is fine.

I think I might see the issue here. If you look at this picture around the bottom of the needle/pin you will notice the needle rubs on the face of it. I don't think it rubs when its cool but the sun heats it up and it warps just enough to hit the needle? Any thoughts?

Should be under warranty. My tach started messing up as soon as I left the dealer with 10 miles on it and they swapped it out on the spot. Yours should be replaced for free as well.
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: tach needle sticking problem? Reply with quote

chickdr wrote:
relenger wrote:

Should be under warranty. My tach started messing up as soon as I left the dealer with 10 miles on it and they swapped it out on the spot. Yours should be replaced for free as well.

I got mine used😢
Rush

Blur 220i (Sold), Honda Rebel (Sold) SV650, MT125, XR50

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I have that problem from time to time - in the sun. Tach serves very little purpose outside of aesthetics on the Blur. To replace it under the warranty results in a color mismatch (see link below) that to me outweighted the benefit.

Details-

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19444&highlight=replacement
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush wrote:
Yep I have that problem from time to time - in the sun. Tach serves very little purpose outside of aesthetics on the Blur. To replace it under the warranty results in a color mismatch (see link below) that to me outweighted the benefit.

Details-

http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19444&highlight=replacement

You can swap bezel

relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found the issue. I don't recommend taking this apart. I have no warranty soooo.... on to the pics.

The needle rubbing

The cause

The face is a sticker. I peeled up the edge and made the holes bigger. I then used a screw driver to apply pressure around the needle on the face of it. Something popped and the sticker is now flat and is not rubbing.

Now for random pics

Cant change light color

relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new background/wallpapers!

Rush

Blur 220i (Sold), Honda Rebel (Sold) SV650, MT125, XR50

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the wealth of information and pics! MythBusters: The Blurstigation Episode
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday & today was hot in the sun. I tested the tachometer and everything seems to be working perfect. I do believe this was the fix.

Too everyone who has a messed up tach. Please check and see if there is signs of the needle rubbing on the face. Mine was near the middle, bottom side. Anyone?
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been hot and everything is still working perfect. I believe this IS the fix
relenger

2011 Blur 220i

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

relenger wrote:
It has been hot and everything is still working perfect. I believe this IS the fix

So far it is still working. I do believe this is the fix. Hopefully someone will find this usefull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: