Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early Oil Light?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
artistikim

Blur 150 (R.I.P.), Blur SS 220i

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Early Oil Light? Reply with quote

I drained the oil, inspected the mesh filter, and replaced the oil (15W-40 as per manual specs), and reset the oil light on the digital dash with the "Select" "Reset" button combo.

Now, 650 miles later, the oil light has come back on. The level is fine, but I have noticed a drop in power (These may be unrelated).

I thought this was only an oil-change reminder light that comes on every 1800 miles. Has anyone had it come on early like this?
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

650 miles is just a bit over 1000 kilometers which is the oil change interval suggested by PGO. This is mentioned in the owners manual, at least it is in mine. There is no oil level sensor in the engine so there would be no way for the instrument cluster to know anything about whats going on with the engine oil. Not sure about your drop in power though...how old is your oil filter?
chickdr

'11 Blur SS220i , '13 FZ6R

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 220, the oil light comes on after 1850 miles like clockwork. Change the oil every 1800, the oil filter every 3600....

I didn't think it came on for any other reason. Defective cluster?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: