Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH 50 Windscreen/Windshield?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: RH 50 Windscreen/Windshield? Reply with quote

Hi All, I'm taking delivery of a new 2015 RH Sport 50 dealer close-out special this coming Thursday. Have any of you put a windscreen on your Roughhouse and if so, are you OK with it? I've had 2 50cc 2 T scooters in my lifetime: an '07 Adly Jet 50 and an '87 Honda Elite 50S. I put windscreens on both of them and had a GPS verified increase in top speed of 1.5 to 2 mph. Just wondering if I'd have the same experience with my '15 RH Sport 50. TIA,

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
'15 170i Hooligan Titanium (AZ scoot)
'15 RH Sport 50 Matte Red
Mikestib1

2017 Rough house 50, 2016 Yamaha S max, Buddy 170i sold, Adly Bullseye 50 sold, 2013 Honda CB1100 crashed and sold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: Windshield Reply with quote

Compare the mirror mounts on the RH with a Buddy. If they mount the same way a Prima 1 should work. Put one on my Buddy 170i and happy with it. Installation was easy as they provide a left hand thread adapter for the right mirror as it is reverse thread. I think it's 14" tall and 17" wide. Definitely let me wear a lighter jacket in 48 degree weather. You look over the top rather than thru the shield which I like. Got it from Scooterlounge.online. Quick shipping.
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't definitely say about a speed increase since I have't added a windshield to my scooter yet but I would think that the smoothness of a windshield in front of you would have to be at least a little bit more aerodynamic than the human body with a small increase in speed and MPG.

I have considered this one:
https://www.scooterworks.com/Prima-Windshield-Tall-Smoked-Genuine-Roughhouse-Rattler-P402.aspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: