Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whiskered Spark Plug Caused Bogging Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
R50Rider

Roughhouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Whiskered Spark Plug Caused Bogging Issue Reply with quote

My RH started bogging the last few days and at first I thought it was an ethanol phasing problem or somehow water got into an electrical part because I've had to ride it in the rain a few times recently. I use Star Tron fuel additive regularly so it was hard to believe it was an ethanol thing. . .although anything is possible. I grabbed the spark plug wrench that comes with the scooter (stowed under the seat) and tried it out for the first time. It does the job. When I pulled the plug I could clearly see there was a piece of crap stuck between the electrodes and it was actually almost welded in there. It didn't want to release so since it was the original plug and had over 4k miles on it I just replaced it with a new one I had on hand. Wow. . .what a difference. It runs like new again. I had 2-stroke bikes back in the '70s and it was common to get a "whiskered plug" on those things too.
KooK

'15 Rough House

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Rh did the same with a low fuel tank. Plug was mucked up. Replaced and all was right. But use better oil, I have not had any issues yet when using good 2t oil. It really makes a difference. I use sea foam every few tanks,. And for water control, it will sound strange, bit I own a VW TDI(diesel). And I use the green diesel clean every few tanks too. It is a great solvent and helps remove water. Never had an issue yet.

Last edited by KooK on Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
R50Rider

Roughhouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had good luck with Amsoil Dominator Synthetic 2-stroke oil.
viney266

genuine Stella

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, plugs are disposable things on small hard-running two-strokes. You guys are on the right track running good oil. I bored dirt bikes cylinders for many years as part of my job. The quality of oil made a huge difference. The Spectro does really well for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: