Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Screw Replacement (4t carb)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
youthcore

09 GTS250 Super/78 P200/73 Rally200/12 Stella 4t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject: Air Screw Replacement (4t carb) Reply with quote

I bought a used 2012 Stella 4t with only 48 miles, but it's been sitting for years. I cleaned up the carb a bit and sprayed cleaner through the jets. I can't get it to idle and I think it's because I need to adjust the idle and air screws. It will only start and run with The choke out, dies immediately when closed. The air screw looks like it's destroyed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
srbbnd

Stella 2013 4 stroke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I cant quite tell by that photo, but the air screw and idle screw can get really gunky. Also, my 2013 Stella had a plastic guard on it for the air screw. I don't know what year they started adding it to them, but if it was on there before and was taken off it could cause some problems. It might just be really out of whack and need to be tuned properly.

81 Vespa P200... past bikes. 08 stella 09 stella w/p200 motor and 2010 4t stella

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2010 first year 4t had some kind of gunk over the air screw to prevent adjusting it.
The dealer mechanic tech scraped it clean so it could be accessed.

J H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: