Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Riding on the passenger seat (safety issue?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
kirknkona

Blur 220

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Riding on the passenger seat (safety issue?) Reply with quote

I've only had my Blur a few days. It's my first scooter and I'm brand new to riding. I'm finding myself a little cramped in the cockpit and the bike seems to fit better when I'm halfway back on the passenger seat. My legs stretch out to a better position and the handlebars aren't as close and confining. I wish the passenger seat wasn't stepped up but what are you going to do? My question maybe silly but, with so little experience, I'm not sure if this position presents a danger in how the bike will handle. I have been riding extremely conservatively as I'm still learning. Does anybody out there ride back on the passenger seat? Any other suggestions for getting comfortable? Rolling Eyes
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only 5'7" so I don't feel the need to scoot back on the seat. Still, I prefer to keep my weight as far forward as possible anyway to put more weight on the front tire for better handling and control. It also makes it easier to get up off the seat in case I go over a pot hole or road debris that I can't avoid. This is one of the reasons I don't like riding cruiser type motorcycles. Besides being uncomfortable, it just doesn't feel right or safe sitting so far back with my legs stretched out in front.
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Babblefish, I am not very tall (5'9") and usually fit comfortably in the front "pocket" of scooter seats that are stepped. However, others have commented that they have reshaped the foam of their scooter seat in order to allow them to comfortably sit further back. I'd say do what works best for you.
Bergerbot

Blur SS 200i

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am 5'11 and the Blur is just fine. The Blur wasn't made for people who are extremely tall or even really much after 6ft. I've never felt the need to scoot back on the seat and I have a 2010 Blur. I ride with a passenger all the time and they really enjoy that back section, specifically because it does sit up higher, enabling better views.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: