Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roughhouse derestricted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
dusty roads

2015 roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Roughhouse derestricted Reply with quote

I got my Roughhouse derestricted about 200 miles ago. Woo Hoo ! A totally new machine..
On flat & level I went from a scant 40mph to a clean 50mph! (Speed indicated, I don't have a GPS ). Acceleration improved significantly. Some of the longer, tougher hills went from clearing the top at 5 to 7mph..now are cleared at 18 to 20mph. That makes it a regular traveler..went 105 miles yesterday !
I may use this roughhouse to take my test for my motorcycle license before September, and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.
Milo_R50

Roughhouse R50

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
It's a peppy little machine. I have 6000 miles on it and still pulls like it did when new. 50mph indicated is around 42mph GPS btw. 40mph indicated around 34mph GPS.

Have fun!
cummingsjc

Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Roughhouse derestricted Reply with quote

dusty roads wrote:
... and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.

Then I hope you pass your motorcycle license test so we can all get a 125cc or 150cc version of the Roughhouse (but I am not holding my breath on the second half of that statement).
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Roughhouse derestricted Reply with quote

dusty roads wrote:
I got my Roughhouse derestricted about 200 miles ago. Woo Hoo ! A totally new machine..
On flat & level I went from a scant 40mph to a clean 50mph! (Speed indicated, I don't have a GPS ). Acceleration improved significantly. Some of the longer, tougher hills went from clearing the top at 5 to 7mph..now are cleared at 18 to 20mph. That makes it a regular traveler..went 105 miles yesterday !
I may use this roughhouse to take my test for my motorcycle license before September, and I have to admit that if I pass, I would like to see Genuine introduce the Roughhouse in a 125 or 150cc ...it would be just what I need.

I'm pretty sure the 125 or 150cc version of the Roughhouse is called a Buddy 125 or a Buddy 150.

Bill in Seattle Wink
'14 170i Hooligan 170i Matte Green
dusty roads

2015 roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 125 Buddy is nice, but I prefer the sport lines, since they appear to me at least, to be a more "masculine" design. (just my opinion..take it or trash it)
Still, if it is the only choice, I could be interested in a Buddy, particularly the Eclipse model, if I could get one with a set of tires such as the Roughhouse has. Those larger cross section tires by nature, makes for a larger diameter wheel overall, which I believe helps on rougher roads.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I sometimes go off road, and those skinny tires don't look as adequate to me, as do the bigger baloneys on the Ruffy.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty roads wrote:
The 125 Buddy is nice, but I prefer the sport lines, since they appear to me at least, to be a more "masculine" design. (just my opinion..take it or trash it)
Still, if it is the only choice, I could be interested in a Buddy, particularly the Eclipse model, if I could get one with a set of tires such as the Roughhouse has. Those larger cross section tires by nature, makes for a larger diameter wheel overall, which I believe helps on rougher roads.
Perhaps I am wrong, but I sometimes go off road, and those skinny tires don't look as adequate to me, as do the bigger baloneys on the Ruffy.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

No, you're right. The Buddy's 10" wheels and tires are best for city use. If you're using your RH50 predominantly off-road, it's a better choice as off-road at a top speed of 40 mph is probably about as fast as you want to go anyway.

Bill in Seattle
'14 170i Hooligan Matte Green
dusty roads

2015 roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do some off road, but mostly on road. Almost no city riding (just passing through). Last Saturday I put 105 miles on it, passing through 3 towns. Roads in NY State are notoriously full of potholes most of the time, and I like the extra tire cushion to protect the rims.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: