Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

brand new 2017 roughhouse sport speed??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Ruffhouse50sport

2017 roughhouse 50 sport

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: brand new 2017 roughhouse sport speed?? Reply with quote

hello, this is my first post here and I'm in need of some help.
i just got a brand new 2017 roughhouse sport model with the prima brush guards and cowl guards. looks really mean! i asked the dealer to derestrict it for me and im clocking at top speed with GPS at 39mph. now it is brand new and not broken in yet. ive been very easy on the throttle up until i hit 50 miles on it and did a couple WOT passes. i feel like maybe they didnt derestrict it. i will be taking it apart to look for myself. also have a huge set of stage 6 variator rollers so i was going to swap out weights while i was in there but i have no idea what weights to start with. i am 195lbs by the way . should my scoot be going faster. ive heard off people getting like 49 to 50 mph on theirs after derestriction.
KooK

'15 Rough House

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is probably all you are going to get. I have a 2015 rh, non sport derestricted. I never see the red of the Speedo. I got unlucky and apparently got a slow one.

Changing the weights won't help speed, but it helped overall drivability of the rh. Welcome aboard. You will love the rh... I do. Just wish it was a tad bit faster...

2017 roughhouse 50 sport

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: since yesterday I got off work and took the cvt cover off and BINGO

the variator restrictor was still on. Im going to have a little "chat" with my

dealer as I paid $40 for them to derestrict and they only did half the job. I did

take the exhaust off to find no restrictor plate there. so as of now I have 70

miles on my RH and GPS clocked in at 42 with throttle still left. Unfortunately

the speedo was reading 50 so its way off as suspected from reading about

everyone elses. I am however loving it and enjoying the small top end increase.

I will post updates on possible speed increases over engine break in period.
dusty roads

2015 roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the weight makes a real difference on the hills, but on the level I doubt it makes a great deal of difference. I weigh 200...well usually about 203 on my bathroom scales. In have had it de restricted (both ring and washer) but have had no more done..everything else stock . Here is what I just posted in another thread :
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
got my 2015 new leftover Roughhouse at the end of April. In that 3.5 months I have put about 1865 miles on it. I got it derestricted at nearly 500 miles.
Before derestriction it would read about 40 mph on the speedometer (I don't have a GPS).
Now it easily hits 50 mph on the level, but on good running I hold it to about 45. On some of the tough hills around here, I would get down to 5-7 mph near the top, now on those same hills I am hitting 18-20.
Initially I thought acceleration had improved, but on further use I doubt it has.
I had thought I would run the 50cc for a while and then go to a 125 or 150cc.
Now, I am happy with the Rh just the way it is.
Word of caution: I live in the "enchanted mountains" area in NY so there is often some hill climbing involved. Last Friday I was doing some of what I call "hill skipping". That is getting a good run down one hill so as to scoot right up the next. I was going down one hill and giving it about half throttle. The speedo was reading over in the gray about where 60 mph would be...when suddenly my exhaust got much louder. I finished my ride (about 2 miles), and got home to find I had blown the cover off my second filter. No problem, and I put it back on...but I will now keep it nearer the 50 mph (speedometer) when going downhill.
luckyscroller788

Hoolie 170/ buddy 170

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case your dealer didn't warn you, your warranty on your new scooter is void once you derestrict it.
Ruffhouse50sport

2017 roughhouse 50 sport

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worse come to worse ill go buy the exhaust restrictor and stick the variator ring back on before dropping it off at the dealer lol
Ruffhouse50sport

2017 roughhouse 50 sport

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: So far ive did the 200 mile checkup and im now sitting at 350 miles.

Top Speed hasn't changed. speedometer indicated at 50mph is GPS verified at 42mph.

Top speed with no wind was reached about 45.6 mph on GPS and the speedometer was indicated right at the P on the MPH but we barely get a windyless day in south florida.

I ordered 7g dr pulley sliders and tried that out but with a very unnoticeable change in acceleration and loss of top speed i've changed them back to my stock roller weights.

That is really it for now. just going to ride it everyday to work unless its raining. planned on upgrading to the prima pipe and do the NYC CVT upgrades but wont be doing that until i put some miles on it.

also i wanted to mention that my good friend got a 2017 honda ruckus and we ride alongside pretty well. He has dr pulley sliders and that little 4 stroke beats me off the line but my RH had a 2mph top speed over him so for long distances ill keep my speed.
agrogod

'09 Genuine Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckyscroller788 wrote:
Just in case your dealer didn't warn you, your warranty on your new scooter is void once you derestrict it.

As long as the dealer does the work no its not. And if memory serves me the stock weights are 7.5 grams. So your 7's only shaved off 1/2 a gram. 6 - 6.5 gram weights are the goto weights in most cases, won't increase top end but will give you a nice boost at takeoff. Congrats on your RH.

Ruffhouse50sport

2017 roughhouse 50 sport

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see I was always confused by the chart from scooterworks. https://www.scooterworks.com/blog/2012/11/13/roller-size-chart/

it states that the RH 50 has 7.5/8.5 rollers which I cant figure out what that exactly means.

either way if i put some 6.5 rollers in and get a better acceleration am i going to notice a huge loss in top speed if any at all?

Im all about getting a better performance but the town Im in is pretty open
and id rather have the most speed possible right now.

thanks for your reply.
luckyscroller788

Hoolie 170/ buddy 170

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agrogod wrote:
luckyscroller788 wrote:

As long as the dealer does the work no its not. And if memory serves me the stock weights are 7.5 grams. So your 7's only shaved off 1/2 a gram. 6 - 6.5 gram weights are the goto weights in most cases, won't increase top end but will give you a nice boost at takeoff. Congrats on your RH.

I wont argue with you, but that's not the case regarding the warranty, derestricting regardless of who does it can void the warranty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: