Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stella Auto: Dropped, Now Won't Start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
FourLegsGood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Stella Auto: Dropped, Now Won't Start Reply with quote

Last night I was pulling out of a parking space on an incline and dropped my Stella Automatic on its right-hand side. It was very brief and the scooter came back to life very quickly. I drove it home and went to ride it the next morning. It began to act as though it was running out of gas, sputtering and eventually dying. I've been trying to start her back up but its a no go. Am I looking at gas-soaked air filter (I thought those were on the LH side of the Autos so idk how that would be the culprit) or something harder to fix? Thanks.

Last edited by FourLegsGood on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
FourLegsGood

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I pulled out the air filter and, while it smelled of gas, the engine still wouldn't start with it removed.
FourLegsGood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked oil level which seemed good. Added 2 oz seafoam to the gas tank to hopefully clear any problems with the carb. Another update, now when I try to start it will attempt to go then stop followed by a buzzing sound for as long as the starter button is held. Presuming that's the battery being dead from the numerous attempts at starting.
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seafoam won't do anything if the scooter will not run.
youkiddin

09 stella

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pull the plug, see if your getting spark, if you have a new plug try that you may have fouled the one that is in there.
az_slynch

'18 Spade, '16 K-Pipe, '13 Stella 4T, '12 Yager GT200i, '81 Vespa P200e and Far Too Many Others

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stella auto has two fuel tanks. The big one in the back, and a smaller one up above the carburetor. The pump moved gas from the big tank up to the little one, which feeds the crab. Maybe it lost it's prime?

I believe there's also an tip-over valve under the seat. Maybe bypass it with a hose coupler and see if it starts.

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Stella Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: