Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Vino Classic 50cc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
pajer

Yamaha Vino 50cc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Yamaha Vino Classic 50cc Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts regarding my Yamaha Vino Classic 50cc.
I bought it a couple of months ago used. 2007 with 4600 miles. Starts and runs great. When parked in the garage, there is a definite odor of gas, but no major leak (I've noticed a periodic drip under the bike but no more than that). My fuel mileage is also less than expected - between 50-60 mpg. Any thoughts on what the issue might be? Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA
Dooglas

Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Vino Classic 50cc Reply with quote

pajer wrote:
When parked in the garage, there is a definite odor of gas, but no major leak (I've noticed a periodic drip under the bike but no more than that).

So, find the leak. Possibly a cracked plastic fuel line, or a leak at a clamp where a line attaches.
skully93

currently 09 Buddy Italia, Honda CTX700DCT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think there's either a leak or not. It could be overflowing at the evap hose perhaps? if you overfill, it might drip a bit. Also check the lines at major junctions. Maybe it has a tiny crack where it expands.

Also, check the belt for wear, make sure there is air in the tires, etc. Not enough air will reduce power and MPG.

Fuel line is cheap. If you're not familiar, a shop should be able to do it at a pretty reasonable rate and give you a quick tuneup.

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you seeing the drip?

Pull your air filter and see if it is soaked in fuel. You have a vacuum activated petcock that is supposed to stop the fuel flow when the bike stop running. If the petcock is bad, you the fuel will keep flowing because the tank is higher than the carb. Pull your spark plug and see if it is black and sooty. Are you up on the regular maintenance? Plug should be cleaned and gapped every 2k, replaced every 4k. Air filter and engine oil at 2k. Gear oil every 4k.
pajer

Yamaha Vino 50cc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. The drip appears just in front of the kick stand when it's parked.
I did change the air filter when I got it and the previous one was well worn and did smell of gas. The new one is still in good shape and has no odor.
Regular oil changes had been done and was just done prior to me buying.

Just doing some research online, I have an idea that it is possibly leaking into the carb which is why the odor is so strong. Possibly a stuck float? I did notice the vent hose also had a small amount of gasoline on the end. I'll check that out and see if that's the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: