Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piaggio Liberty 150 S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
troympierce

TBD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Piaggio Liberty 150 S Reply with quote

Hello all. So I'm on the doorstep of pulling the trigger on my kick and then I stumble across the Piaggio Liberty 150.

Price is the same, however for me the inclusion of larger wheels (16" up front 14" in the back) is a game changer. Providing more stability at high speeds, however the trade off is obviously maneuverability.

Throwing this out to the forum, anyone one on here have any experience. All the reviews I've seen online have raved about it.

Cheers
k1dude

'08 Orange Buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice looking bike at a great price. I wonder where they're making it? I suspect China.

I've taken my 10" wheels up to 70 mph GPS, and haven't had a stability problem. So I'm not sure you'll gain anything other than better pothole performance with the larger wheels - at the expense of maneuverability. Because I doubt the Piaggio can do over 70 mph.
Christophers

Psycho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1dude wrote:
I've taken my 10" wheels up to 70 mph GPS, and haven't had a stability problem. So I'm not sure you'll gain anything other than better pothole performance with the larger wheels - at the expense of maneuverability. Because I doubt the Piaggio can do over 70 mph.

I have to agree. My Buddy scooters have never showed any instability at speed. In fact they ride pretty nicely at top speed.

On the other hand, a larger diameter wheel will give you better handling of rough road conditions - all things being equal with the suspension. The larger rear wheel will cut into the space available in the pet carrier ("Helmet compartment large enough to hold an open-face helmet")... for what that's worth. (For me the spacious pet carrier is one of the things that I love about the Buddy) And, of course, the Piaggio Liberty is a bigger and heavier bike, but it comes with a very nice, strong (12.9 RWHP), 3-valve engine.

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k1dude wrote:
I wonder where they're making it? I suspect China.

The EPA.gov registry says Vietnam.

I like big-wheel scooters, but small-wheel scooters are famous for being extremely maneuverable, which is great around town.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: