Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP RH50S 70cc overheating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: HELP RH50S 70cc overheating Reply with quote

Hi I recently installed a malossi 70cc cylinder and malossi/dellorto phbg 19mm carb and uni pod filter. it has 6g dr pulley sliders and is over heating … right now until new jets come in the carb has a 80 main and 45 pilot with 55 choke... needle all the way rich... prima pipe that looks identical to stock pipe...
any suggestions?
thanks
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park it till you get bigger jets in. You don't want to torch the rings.
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that sux but probably a good idea..
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so can overheating be caused by jets being too small?
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very yes. If you are running too lean for that top end, because the main jet is currently too small, you end up with a much hotter burn. It'll run great, right up until it goes "clatter clatter stop"
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I have another question. it's difficult to describe but I noticed a quick buzzing sound when I quickly let off the throttle. so I slowly left off the throttle and noticed at a certain low throttle position there is a buzzing or rattling sound. the problem is it seems to be getting worse like louder and stronger.. any idea what that might be in spite of the limited description? ty
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a few things. Can you tell where the sound is coming from? Exhaust vs top end? If it's coming from the top end, is it a partial exhaust leak? If not, you may have a ring that is seated badly, or is becoming more damaged from the overheating. Less fun is the possibility that you have a wristpin bearing that is faulty, and rattling around.

Moving away from the top end, if the sound is coming from more towards the back of the case, you may need to check your front variator, see if those roller weights are jangling around at low rpm.
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so it has turned into more of a consistent jingle at any throttle position, im thinking the rollers is probably right. I have a variator and clutch coming this week so i'm trying to wait for it before opening it up. appreciate the info, I'll let you know what I find
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still waiting on ther clutch and variator but I got the jets in and it is still running hot. well having a 70cc run hotter than the 50cc? I switched from an 80 to 100 main and 42 to 48 pilot... runs good but really hot and loses some power.. I have a large intake by ncy that I haven't installed, I want sure how that would affect things, could installing that help and would that require rejetting?
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ruling out the dumb stuff......is it possible you have the piston in upside down? The arrow should point towards the exhaust port.
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrow is pointing to exhaust.. do you think the uni filter could be letting in to much air?
2016 Genuine Roughhouse Sport, malossi 70cc cylinder kit , Yasuni R.07 exhaust, dellorto 19 carb, carbon reeds, doppler air filter, Athena Cranshaft, Polini 14/41 Secondary gear, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Delta Clutch, Malossi Special X Belt, 5g rollers
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done a plug chop yet? If not, do one pronto.
czechojo

Genuine RH50S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to 3 different parts stores and none of them had the plug in stock so I ordered a few that will be in today at 3pm... I ended up getting the bike to run fairly decent, it runs on the warm side but didn't seem to be dangerously hot.. now I put in a malossi delta wing clutch with white springs and a malossi multivar variator with 7g weights add yellow contrast spring and now the bike is running at way higher rpms at every speed which is ther last thing I needed, now it's back to running hotter.. would changing the springs help that? if so should I change the clutch or contra or both and which colors? .. ty for all your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: