Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changed jet now it won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: changed jet now it won't start Reply with quote

Almost new RH50. Put on a Prima pipe, new rollers and new clutch spring. Put in a higher main jet and it ran ok for a half mile and was it was bogging coming up the driveway. I put the original jet back in and now it won't start.

I put in a new plug, which has spark, turns over fine, just won't get fire up.

What am I missing? thanks
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

success sprayed carb clean in there and got it started. still has a bog from the start so next step is pilot jet.

I live at 6,400 feet and have stock main jet. will mess with pilot and go down a size on main.

5g rollers and 1500 clutch spring
Stanza

Puch Maxi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put on a prima pipe, you need to go up a size, not down. It will have an 82 in there by default, but with a prima you should be going up to a 90 or so, and see what your plug chop looks like. Don't go too lean, you don't want to overheat and lock the piston.
KX_Larry

Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 90 in and that didn't seem to work very well so I went back to stock.

I'll do some tests on the stock jet to see what the plug looks like. I figured with altitude and colder weather this time of year, the 82 would be a good place to start.

Scooter store said they don't change the jetting with a Prima exhaust, jut run stock. Said 90 was way too big.

I wish there was a standard chart for jetting, altitude and bike mods to give you a good place to start.

Exhaust go up X, altitude go down Y, big bore kit go X, etc.

My KTM 125 was easy to jet compared to a scooter. Don't even have to remove the carb, spin it, take out plug in float bowl, install new jet. 5 min and you are good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Black Cat, Rattler & Roughhouse Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: