Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wow found this cheep alarm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
brothergc

2019 Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject: wow found this cheep alarm Reply with quote

I was on amazon and found this cheep alarm and decided to try it .
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Anti-Theft-Vibration-Motorcycle-Waterproof/dp/B0734QN8KR/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TN78Q2JXYE4H5MTFBAA8

For 15 bucks I thought I would give it a go and wow it works and its VERY loud
I installed mine in a hidden location on the frame and just zip tied it their . tested it out , slight bump of the bike sets a warning chirp , major movement and it sets it off . well worth the 15 dollars . Remote has a decent range I can set it from with in my APT from 12ft away .
Sure their are better alarms to be had but if it just scares off a would be thief then its $15 dollars well spent
k1dude

'08 Orange Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Thanks!
Stanza

Puch Maxi, Honda C70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you hold it on with zip ties as shown in the pictures though? I'm imagining someone making quick work of that with a blade, then leaving the alarm to beep on the pavement as they roll off with the bike.
New2Scoots

Genuine Buddy 170i

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it works better than a Xena disc alarm. Mine would go off sitting in the garage at night. So did the replacement.
2014 Honda NC700X

brothergc

2019 Roughhouse 50

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New2Scoots wrote:
Hopefully it works better than a Xena disc alarm. Mine would go off sitting in the garage at night. So did the replacement.

they would have to find it first , mine is behind the body panels out of plain sight . But I do not rely on just a alarm , I also have a kyptolock
https://www.kryptonitelock.com/content/kryt-us-2/en/products/product-information/current-key/000808.html?type=scooter

You would be foolish to just to rely on one device I have that chained to a steel post bolted down if they screw with my lock I will know before they have a chance to do anything
k1dude

'08 Orange Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanza wrote:
Do you hold it on with zip ties as shown in the pictures though? I'm imagining someone making quick work of that with a blade, then leaving the alarm to beep on the pavement as they roll off with the bike.

I would just throw it into the pet carrier. Or if you need it louder, double-stick-tape it inside the front storage bin. I doubt they would stick around trying to figure out where the alarm is mounted.
buzzvert

Buddy 125 (2), lots of other bikes no longer in the garage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm toying with horn/alarm locations near the underside battery box. Thinking is that if I go Li/Ion/LiPo and relocate the battery into the engine area (since it's smaller), I have this big box I can fill with a horn or alarm.

Anyone else done this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: