Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Zuma 50 vs Genuine Roughhouse 50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
skipper20

170i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Zuma 50 vs Genuine Roughhouse 50 Reply with quote

Comparing 2 stroke only, which would be the better performer? OK, how about the later 4 stroke fuel injected Zuma 50 vs the 2 stroke RH 50? I'm thinking about doing a trade deal for one of my Honda Gyros.

Bill in Seattle
'84 Honda Gyro Red
'86 Honda Gyro S Red
DeeDee

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are completely different bikes. I'm a big fan of the 2012 and newer Zuma 50f. Fuel injected, 3 valve, water cooled. With routine maintenance this engine will go 40,000 miles +. Yamaha parts are cheap and easy to find. The Zuma is fairly easy to work on. For $100 in parts and a few hours work you can tune it go go 45 with much better take off and hill climbing. Yamaha made a smart move in 2012 when they stopped 2t production and put the drivetrain out of the Yamaha C3 into the Zuma.
sc00ter

19 Piaggio Liberty S, 98 Zuma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was to chose between a 4 stroke newer Zuma 50 or a Genuine RH50, it would be a tough choice. I love the Zuma 2 strokes the most. It really depends on what you wanna do with it. 2 strokes are easier to tune but 4 strokes are better on fuel and reliability. So, if I was getting it to ride on a regular basis, I would get the Zuma 4 stroke. If I was going to mess with it as a toy, I would get a Zuma 2 stroke first (I still have one) and a RH50 second-but its a close tie on the 2 strokes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: