Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blur engine oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
blurryface2020

Blur

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject: Blur engine oil Reply with quote

Would anyone recommend T-4MXR SAE 15W-40 oil for my 220i Blur? I cant seem to attach a picture of it because it says its exceeding maximum size. If so would 1 liter be enough? First time trying to changing the oil. The previous owner was very meticulous about the first two oil changes and this will be my first time doing it. Also does anyone know of any on-line tutorials to guide me through it? I have watched the one on youtube that Mitch does for a buddy but being a Blur, I wasn't sure if it's much different?
Thank You
Rob
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 liter is more than enough. And you don't have to use motorcycle specific oil because the GY6 type engines don't have a wet clutch.

Sounds like you don't have an owners manual:

http://www.modernbuddy.com/pdf/G-MAX_OWNER.pdf

blurryface2020

Blur

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thank you! I have the owners manual but felt it was kind of vague on the oil part. Just says 15w40 but when I look at forums some people advise other oils etc etc!! ugh
Thus I went with Torco T671544CE T-4MXR 15w40 Four Stroke Racing Oil Bottle because one forum that seemed legitimate recommended it and I'm trying to keep this 220i blur tip top because of all the 15+ mopeds I have owned this is by far the best ride I have ever had.
ONe quick question that maybe you can help me with. So I changed the oil and changed the oil filter today. I feel its hard to read the dipstick. I let it run for a bit then shut it off and check it. When I do that, it reads full. However when I put the dipstick back in to check it, it seems significantly low? Any thoughts? Thanks again!!
blurryface2020

Blur

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. I was checking the engine oil level while the bike was on its kickstand and it showed low. Like significantly low. When I put it on the center stand it shows a perfect reading. Do you think this is why I was reading it low in the previous response I sent?
Thank You
DeeDee

buddy 170i

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, You should have it on the center stand on a fairly level surface. The gas station pad is a perfect place for this. Pull in, fill up and check your oil before you leave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Blur Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: