Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help air fuel mixture screw side to enrich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
buddy burger

2009 buddy piaggio typhoon 2018

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: help air fuel mixture screw side to enrich Reply with quote

on a buddy 50 (keihin carb) which of screw or unscrew will make it richer? its different from carb to another

thanks!
tenders

Buddy International 50 Italia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out is richer, in is leaner.

At least that’s what I carefully made a point of writing down in my notes when I last was fiddling with the carb.
babblefish

2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenders wrote:
Out is richer, in is leaner.

At least that’s what I carefully made a point of writing down in my notes when I last was fiddling with the carb.

I guess the idle mixture screw for a 50cc engine is different from the 125/150cc engines. On my 150, the mixture screw adjusts air flow so turning it IN reduces the amount of air resulting in a richer mixture.

tenders

Buddy International 50 Italia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t have a larger Buddy to compare to but idle mixture screws work in opposite ways in different carb designs. Some control idle air, and some, idle fuel. My notes on my Vespa S150 suggest that its carb works the same as the Buddy 50, though I’m not 100% sure of that. Both are Keihin carbs. I have an old inboard boat engine that uses a Zenith carb, and it’s the opposite. In stock carb adjustments, you’re usually trying to set it between two extremes of “too rich” and “too lean,” and which extreme is which doesn’t really matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: