Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Scooter Gallery Previous topic :: Next topic  
riancurtis

2008 Genuine Buddy 125 (Black)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions? Reply with quote

I am picking up my 2008 Buddy 125 in Black on Saturday morning.
Aside from riding it, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for things I should do before anything else. It will be my first scooter ever (I normally ride my bicycle - http://flickr.com/photos/riancurtis/1573345597/in/set-72157602370286961/) so advise on ANYTHING about the buddy that a new owner should know would be appreciated.
jfrost2

First Ever Sold Orange 08' Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont ride it until you take the MSF, alot of people have had "accidents" because they thought riding a scooter was like riding a bike.
ScootLemont

2008 Stella

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations!
have fun!
Ride like no one else can see you (because they probably wont)
Post up some photos in the gallery
I have only had my Rattler for under 2 weeks but I spent the first week riding the side streets - under 30mph - just to get comfortable - It seemed like a good idea to me.
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ] Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
riancurtis

2008 Genuine Buddy 125 (Black)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: good advice for myself Reply with quote

dont accidently post this in the scooter gallery Smile
reposting now!
loser here.
Scooterpup

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Noob Getting New Buddy. Suggestions? Reply with quote

riancurtis wrote:
I am picking up my 2008 Buddy 125 in Black on Saturday morning.
Aside from riding it, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for things I should do before anything else. It will be my first scooter ever (I normally ride my bicycle - http://flickr.com/photos/riancurtis/1573345597/in/set-72157602370286961/) so advise on ANYTHING about the buddy that a new owner should know would be appreciated.

Remember that this thing really moves when you need it too, but can also stop on a dime. That means your front brake can make you go ass-over-teakettle if you grab the front brake hard. Practice making safe stops at increasing speeds and make sure you really feel where the center of gravity lies.

Always wear a helmet. This point was really driven home to me and others when my brother on his scoot met the back end of a toyota at speed. The helmet he was wearing kept his head from being a pile of goo.

Remember to have loads of fun. The buddy is one sweet ride.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Scooter Gallery Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: