Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Storage of my Buddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
MNBuddy

Buddy 125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Winter Storage of my Buddy Reply with quote

I am new to the world of scootering. I need to know what I should do to make my scooter ready for winter storage Sad .

I know its a sad subject but what with winter here in Minnesota it is not feasible to be able to ride all winter.

Do I make sure the fuel tank is empty or is the use of fuel stabilizer ok? I know what to do with other gas powered machines (eg lawn mower, etc) but I want to make sure I do what is best for my Buddy.

I also assume that it is best to remove the battery and keep it on a tender all winter.

I don't want to think about it but we had serious snow flurries yesterday and I have to face the reality of a long Buddyless winter Crying or Very sad .
lobsterman

Orange & Green 06 Buddy 125, Stebelated

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My parents both were born and raised there, my dad tells me stories of snow drifts up to the second floor windows, etc. (He retired to northern Vermont - go figure). I've only been there in the summer time.

I expect you are making the right decision. I am sure someone here will give you some good advice on storage.
vitaminC

ex '06 B125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely use fuel stabilizer. Fill up the tank, add the stabilizer, then take a short ride so that the stabilized fuel has a chance to get into the carbs. You don't need to remove the battery, but putting it on a tender is a good idea.

When the thaw arrives, be sure to check the tire pressure before riding. You may also want to do an oil change after your first spring ride, as the oil will have had a long time to collect moisture and other junk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: