Back again! With a Hooligan 170i

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jijifer

Back again! With a Hooligan 170i

Post by jijifer »

Hello old friends and new. My beloved 2009 baby blue bionic buddy was stolen as a final “fu” from 2020.

Today I picked up a white 2021 Hooligan 170i as that gets me most of the bionic-ness I had on my old buddy (that was a 161cc, ncy variator, big brake, shocks)

Questions for Hooligan riders-

1) mine came with a plug hanging out from the battery- to tend the battery easy- do they use up the battery really fast?

2) how the remove the big logo down the side?

3) I like the gas cap placement - is it as easy as it looks are is there a tip to making sure you pour gas onto the floor board?

My helmet is white and this is glossy white and black so it looks like a storm trooper. I’ve named it Finn FN0315. :)

I am asking cheeky seats for a turquoise seat with a pink and teal David Bowie lighting bolt :) I want it to look like an 80s pop dream :)

I’ve ordered a shad topcase and brake light rack.

I have cowl protectors on order.

Please share your Hooligan 170i experiences, please!
wheelbender6

Re: Back again! With a Hooligan 170i

Post by wheelbender6 »

I think we only have a couple of Hooligan owners here. Another handful have Buddys with the 170i engine.
-Post a link to that Cheekyseats cover you are getting. I want to see the Bowie lightning bolt.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Thanks! I am still going back and forth on the design with Cheeky seats but holy crap she made some cool Bowie covers before!

I will post pics once it’s done :)
BayStateScooterist

Post by BayStateScooterist »

I had a turquoise with black piping Cheeky seat made for my wife's turquoise Buddy 125 for a Christmas present. Looks great!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

I haven’t seen a Turquoise buddy! How rad! Suzy started a mock up today of my seat! I can’t wait to see it!

I added pink reflective tape to my rims today :)