[NSR] Illegal dish soap trafficing higher than drugs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jfrost2

[NSR] Illegal dish soap trafficing higher than drugs

Post by jfrost2 »

According to several news sources I have seen these past few days, people in Washington state cannot purchase phosphate filled dish soaps because of environmental harm it is doing. But many Washington state residents are displeased with the eco friendly soap they are now forced to buy, they claim it doesnt clean or degrease like the old phosphate filled soaps would.

Many Washington state residents are now illegally driving over the border to other surrounding states to buy massive amounts of phosphate dish soap so they can finally wash their dishes.

So many people are doing this, and by law it is illegal, anyone on Modern buddy or anyone you "know" do this? I find it funny because if phosphate indeed does harm the environment, these laws are pushing people to drive farther, thus burning more fuel....

Sales have increased by 10% on dawn and cascade in near by bordering states. But according to Greg Gutfield he claims 64 million percent increase.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I dont know what you are talking about....

:shhh:
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

cheech and chong's next movie - up in suds...
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

When dish soap is outlawed, only outlaws will use dish soap.

I think they are missing the real solution here. Rather than using precious resources driving across the border for soap to clean their dishes, they should be using disposable aluminum pans for cooking; paper, plastic and styrofaom plates and cups and plastic utensils for eating and paper towels to clean up afterwards. That would use way less fuel.
I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.

Orange Guy, Inc.
PeterC

phosphate dish soap

Post by PeterC »

I love the smell of enviro-googoos fuming in the morning; it smells like victory!
MikieTaps

Re: phosphate dish soap

Post by MikieTaps »

PeterC wrote:I love the smell of enviro-googoos fuming in the morning; it smells like victory!
Welcome to Washington.
Cheshire

Re: [NSR] Illegal dish soap trafficing higher than drugs

Post by Cheshire »

jfrost2 wrote:According to several news sources I have seen these past few days, people in Washington state cannot purchase phosphate filled dish soaps because of environmental harm it is doing. But many Washington state residents are displeased with the eco friendly soap they are now forced to buy, they claim it doesnt clean or degrease like the old phosphate filled soaps would.

Many Washington state residents are now illegally driving over the border to other surrounding states to buy massive amounts of phosphate dish soap so they can finally wash their dishes.

So many people are doing this, and by law it is illegal, anyone on Modern buddy or anyone you "know" do this? I find it funny because if phosphate indeed does harm the environment, these laws are pushing people to drive farther, thus burning more fuel....

Sales have increased by 10% on dawn and cascade in near by bordering states. But according to Greg Gutfield he claims 64 million percent increase.
Link? ;)
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

its only one county
its not the whole state.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

From the article MikieTaps provided:
"I try to recycle and do my part," she said.

"The whole thing is, if they're going to take away something that works, they need to replace it with something that works."

This pretty much sums up my personal approach to environmentalism. I don't know if NC is doing anything with this, but time for me to start doing my own research/experiements.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

Soap? Plates? Are there still states where you don't just catch a squirrel with your bare hands and eat him immediately (or after cooking over open fire if you're rich)?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090402 ... mpering+by

I find the "reporter" to be fairly offensive (how did I guess he went to UofM), but the story is pretty indicative...
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

MikieTaps wrote:its only one county
its not the whole state.
But soon it actually is going state wide, if one county brings 10% sales increase, a entire state crossing the border will give bordering states all their money! Washington state will be bankrupt because people are giving their money to other states to buy illegal dish soaps!

If everyone crosses to buy the soap, the sales increase will jump from 10% to 64 million percent!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

psst over here need soap? 8)
Ed Hit

Post by Ed Hit »

I don't use the phosphate stuff by choice. For the environment reasons. (Not judging you, just won't do it myself!)

And there are definitely better and worse eco alternatives (quality of cleaning wise).

Trader Joes here sells a good one.
Target has a 7 generation brand that works well too!

Perhaps folks will find a version that works for them. In the meantime, I will start a mail order business on it when I get laid off!

Ed's Eco friendly yet high quality dishwasher detergent! (Perhaps i need to invest in a marketer!)
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: [NSR] Illegal dish soap trafficing higher than drugs

Post by ericalm »

jfrost2 wrote:But according to Greg Gutfield he claims 64 million percent increase.
I thought this was a late April Fool's joke.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Wow, sorta makes me wish they'd enact that law in New York. I could load up the Blur with dish soap, make a run over to Staten Island and turn a quick profit.

I can see it now, Ivory Liquid becomes the new white lightning and scootists become the new rum-runners.

Could this be the birth of a new American racing venue - NASCOOT?
broke

Post by broke »

NO NO NO... those Washington state sucks are already driving down here to Oregon every other day to buy crap without sales tax. Add Phosphates to the list...

(Hey Mikie, next time you are down buying your illegal suds, mind hooking me up with some Sudafed? It's getting to allergy season and I'm dying down here!)

PS: Oregon has outlawed Sudafed so I drive up to Vancouver to buy it.
Want and need divide me. Mekka-lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

broke wrote:NO NO NO... those Washington state sucks are already driving down here to Oregon every other day to buy crap without sales tax. Add Phosphates to the list...

(Hey Mikie, next time you are down buying your illegal suds, mind hooking me up with some Sudafed? It's getting to allergy season and I'm dying down here!)

whats the dealio with sudafed
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:
broke wrote:NO NO NO... those Washington state sucks are already driving down here to Oregon every other day to buy crap without sales tax. Add Phosphates to the list...

Pseudephedrine, ephedrine and similar are under various bans in several states because they can cause heart problems and heart attacks.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

ericalm wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:

Pseudephedrine, ephedrine and similar are under various bans in several states because they can cause heart problems and heart attacks.

I also heard... you can make meth from it... :shock:
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

This story is as funny as the guy driving home on a bar stool from his local bar and he was arrested and charged with a DUI...driving a CHAIR.

Seems that the vehicle is a modded lawn mower engine that can achieve speeds of 38+ Mph, and it is also rumored this guy has been doing this for a long time now without being caught.

He pleased not guilty for all charges except being awesome.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

jfrost2 wrote:This story is as funny as the guy driving home on a bar stool from his local bar and he was arrested and charged with a DUI...driving a CHAIR.

Seems that the vehicle is a modded lawn mower engine that can achieve speeds of 38+ Mph, and it is also rumored this guy has been doing this for a long time now without being caught.

And he could drive it up to the bar and turn it off and never have to get off his tuckus :P
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Kaos wrote:
jfrost2 wrote:This story is as funny as the guy driving home on a bar stool from his local bar and he was arrested and charged with a DUI...driving a CHAIR.

And he could drive it up to the bar and turn it off and never have to get off his tuckus :P
A pair of Depends and he'd be set :lol:

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |