Alarm system??

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

castleton

Alarm system??

Post by castleton »

Has anyone installed an alarm system on their Buddy? (or any other scooter?)

I found this link, and was wondering 1) would it work on the Buddy and 2) are alarms worth the bother?

http://scootrs.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=467

Thanks in advance! 8)
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."
sparty

Post by sparty »

I am also interested in an alarm system. I think they made one for Stella. My neighbothood is not too bad, but I'm afraid that people will pick up my sooter in the middle of the Wal-Mart parking lot or something. On the other hand, it might not worth it since the scooter is < $3000.
sparty

Post by sparty »

Thanks for the link! Anyone have experience with this type of alarms? I would like to give it a try because they are not too expensive, but would like to know if people like/dislike them.
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

I worry that they would get set off too easily being just on the front brake especially without a sensitiviey setting, it might be frustrating for people who are parking next to you to just bump into your handle bar and set it off.
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

mlee10018 wrote:I worry that they would get set off too easily being just on the front brake especially without a sensitiviey setting, it might be frustrating for people who are parking next to you to just bump into your handle bar and set it off.
Nobody with good intentions should be that close to your bike.
Even if they are just "trying it out" when you're not there, they deserve the heart attack.