Brand new buddy 50 stalling at idle

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MikieTaps

Brand new buddy 50 stalling at idle

Post by MikieTaps »

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a buddy 50 question...

My cousin and his Fiance just got a new italia buddy 50. yay!

It is stalling when at red lights... booo...

Whats up?

the dealership, ducati seattle, took a look at it and said everything is fine... I guess there was some "blue" smoke they related to a fouled spark plug..

Ive never had a two-stroke... is there a certain way it needs to be treated when riding around to keep it happy?

Thanks err budy.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

my buddy 50 Italia stalls when idleing if it is cold outside. It also will sometimes stall at idle if I havn't riden in awhile which generally isn't a problem for me:) I have never had a problem once it warms up. Generally if its cold out I'll ride it around the block before taking it out on the road.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Oh, I forgot to say that I bought mine new last year. When I first got it I had the same problem. I just gave it a bit of gas at the lights and the problem when away sometime around the first service.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

You might have to adjust the air/fuel screw on the carb.
Common 2stroke problem on the rattlers.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Air/fuel is off, or maybe idle is too low.
jamindel

stalling at stop lights

Post by jamindel »

I've been having this problem off and on since I bought my Buddy last year. I sent it in to be serviced and they told me that the gas was bad/old and sludgy. This season I put some Snow mass in with the gas and put in some fresh gas on top of the old gas. After my first ride, no stalling. But after leaving it sit at work after the ride, for four hours, the stalling happened again. I'm going to try and drain all the gas and start with just a 1/2 tank and more snow mass. We'll see if this stops. Beyond that I'm out of ideas.