Buddy Italia Dressed Up

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pocphil
Dealer

Buddy Italia Dressed Up

Post by pocphil »

Brown Seat - $75
Brown Grips - $15
Brown Floor Mat - $19
Front Rack - $89
Rear Rack - $89
Wiring Mod splicing both front turn-signals together $20

Ends up looking just great, customer and new Modernbuddy list member will be picking it up later today.
Attachments
italiabrn2.jpg
italiabrn2.jpg (85.64 KiB) Viewed 2102 times
Phil Waters
ClevelandMoto
Pride Of Cleveland Scooters
18636 Detroit Rd.
Lakewood, Ohio 44107
216-227-1964
www.clevelandmoto.com
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

**DROOOOOL**
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Sweet! I may have to go buy some Krylon!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Loving the customizing your shop provides. I'm still diggin the two tone work you guys do.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

It's amazing how much a few simple mods can really alter the appearance of the Buddy. My black grips look SUHweet on Pinky T...but GAHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT MY BLACK SEAT, ALREADY!!! :cry: :cry:
ModBud #442
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

polianarchy wrote:It's amazing how much a few simple mods can really alter the appearance of the Buddy. My black grips look SUHweet on Pinky T...but GAHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT MY BLACK SEAT, ALREADY!!! :cry: :cry:
You ordered a black seat?
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Loves it! the classiest combo I have seen. has anyone done a cream buddy with brown seat /grip? what would that be like...? maybe we should start a trade list.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

peabody99 wrote:Loves it! the classiest combo I have seen. has anyone done a cream buddy with brown seat /grip? what would that be like...? maybe we should start a trade list.
You can always post in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Why do Genuine's pics of their scoots always look so much worse than everyone else's? The SI is much nicer than the first impression I got, and with the brown accessories... woo. That should have been the stock color combo!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Corsair wrote:
polianarchy wrote:It's amazing how much a few simple mods can really alter the appearance of the Buddy. My black grips look SUHweet on Pinky T...but GAHHHHHHHHHHH I WANT MY BLACK SEAT, ALREADY!!! :cry: :cry:
You ordered a black seat?
Yes, Philadelphia Scooters ordered it for me when I bought my scooter back in DECEMBER. Genuine has been saying "two weeks" for FOUR MONTHS now. At least I got my black grips a few weeks ago, *le sigh.*
ModBud #442
ebcspace

custom series italia

Post by ebcspace »

that looks awesome ! ! !

great to see a shop with such personality ! :wink:
scoot on!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I think I may have seen this Buddy out my window traveling over the Detroit Superior Bridge...I could only see it going to the right turning lane on w25...was he going to the Shoreway or the Flats? Either way the Bud looked awesome from above!
PasadenaSue

Post by PasadenaSue »

It's interesting how the brown accents change the look of the SI. I really like the stock grey seat and grips though. I think the brown seat and grips would look great on the cream Buddy. And the grey accents would look hot on a pink Buddy.

Red and grey would look nice too.

Photoshop anyone?
Last edited by PasadenaSue on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
funky5mab

Post by funky5mab »

hello-
How did you get those accessories? I just purchased a Buddy SI and would love to have the brown seat, handelbars and floormat. thanks-
mike
San Francisco

Post by San Francisco »

funky5mab wrote:hello-
How did you get those accessories? I just purchased a Buddy SI and would love to have the brown seat, handlebars and floor mat. thanks-
mike
Ask the dealer to do a swap.

Barry at San Francisco Scooter Centre always does that for his customers.

Kind of bizarre actually. You say "Gee Barry, I kinda might like a tan seat on the Italia." Next thing you see is Barry with screwdriver in hand feverishly swapping Buddy seats on the sales floor models.

And he does not charge for the swapping.

When I had a Chetak, bought from him, he even said about a month after I had the scooter that if I wanted a vintage seat that was available, to simply bring it in and he would swap it.

I'm not saying all dealers are like Barry, but check it out. All they can do is say no.
EAG19

Post by EAG19 »

The brown seat, floor mat, and grips with my cream buddy sound perfect! Do you think I could order these things from the dealers? I guess I could try my closest dealer and work from there. I bought my buddy used and not from a dealer so I'm not sure how to make all these amazing modifications. How can I get a wicker basket, for example? :?:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

EAG19 wrote:The brown seat, floor mat, and grips with my cream buddy sound perfect! Do you think I could order these things from the dealers? I guess I could try my closest dealer and work from there. I bought my buddy used and not from a dealer so I'm not sure how to make all these amazing modifications. How can I get a wicker basket, for example? :?:
Definitely try your closest dealer first—that's your best bet for the seat and panels, etc. They may also have the basket; if not, Motorsport carries it:
http://www.scooterwest.com/item_detail/ ... sket/1443/

Either Motorsport of Scooterworks may be able to help you with the panels, etc. as well, but you'll have to call them. They don't have them on their web sites.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
mlstephens

Re: Buddy Italia Dressed Up

Post by mlstephens »

pocphil wrote:Brown Seat - $75
Brown Grips - $15
Brown Floor Mat - $19
Front Rack - $89
Rear Rack - $89
Wiring Mod splicing both front turn-signals together $20
The stares at your unique ride at a stoplight....Priceless.

(sorry, couldn't help it) :D
rossini

Post by rossini »

pocphil wrote: Wiring Mod splicing both front turn-signals together $20
What exactly does this mean anyways? Together? How does this differ compared to how it comes stock?
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

rossini wrote:
pocphil wrote: Wiring Mod splicing both front turn-signals together $20
What exactly does this mean anyways? Together? How does this differ compared to how it comes stock?
Search is your friend:
viewtopic.php?t=48

The DOT turn signals and the original (non-functional) turn signals can be spliced to work at the same time.