Wow! Insurance getting me a new helmet

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Angela

Wow! Insurance getting me a new helmet

Post by Angela »

Here is a good thing out of my accident. My insurance gives me $400 for a new helmet.

Now I can get the one I really wanted. This one in pink of course.

Bad news, looks like I need to have surgery to put my clavicle back together. I requested a robot arm, so fingers crossed. I will wear my new helmet into surgery. :atgatt:
LisaLisa

Post by LisaLisa »

That helmet is sweeeet in pink!
Det finns inte dåligt väder bara dåliga kläder.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Good to hear about the helmet. The N-103 is a great lid.

Sorry to hear about the surgery. :(
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes smooth. Glad you're getting the helmet you wanted though...at least something good came out of this.
Witch

Post by Witch »

Wow, hope your surgery goes well!

I think it's kind of standard for some insurance companies to reimburse you for a new helmet if you go down. The first time I crashed, my head never even went near the ground. My rear tire blew out, and I managed to jump off the floorboard when I couldn't keep control any longer. But simply because I'd been wearing a helmet, and crashed, the insurance sent me a check for a new one. Since I didn't hit my first one, I just got a spare in a different style.

That's a nice looking helmet! I might consider getting that for winter. It's hard to find a plain pink fullface, let alone a modular.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Good news about the helmet Angela. Nice replacement choice too. Hope the surgery is smooth sailing. I still think you have the best attitude! At least, your posts come across to me as very positive. And might I add, your one armed typing skills are most impressive! :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Good luck on the surgery, robot arms are always a good upgrade.... Go with the big bore... Wait.. Erm... This isn't another Voodoo thread is it?

Get better quick ;)
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Nice helmet!

I guess the big question now is: do they make Ti arms in pink? ;)
Best wishes for smooth sailing with your surgery. You'll be back up in no time. 8)
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

Witch wrote:Wow, hope your surgery goes well!

I think it's kind of standard for some insurance companies to reimburse you for a new helmet if you go down. The first time I crashed, my head never even went near the ground. My rear tire blew out, and I managed to jump off the floorboard when I couldn't keep control any longer. But simply because I'd been wearing a helmet, and crashed, the insurance sent me a check for a new one. Since I didn't hit my first one, I just got a spare in a different style.

That's a nice looking helmet! I might consider getting that for winter. It's hard to find a plain pink fullface, let alone a modular.
Your rear tire "blew out"? Did you have tube type tires on your scoot?
Usually tubeless tires go flat fairly slowly, which is why I much prefer them over the old tube types!
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
Angela

Post by Angela »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Good news about the helmet Angela. Nice replacement choice too. Hope the surgery is smooth sailing. I still think you have the best attitude! At least, your posts come across to me as very positive. And might I add, your one armed typing skills are most impressive! :)
Thanks, I am really trying. It gets hard at times. I feel helpless. I am unemployed and do not have medical insurance so looks like bankruptcy for me because of medical bills. But, I am trying to make this a lesson learned.

You would be surprised how long it takes for me to type a reply with one hand. I just need to stay involved so I don't go insane.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

Good luck with your surgery to become the bionic woman!
ModBud #442
DIPA

Post by DIPA »

Angela,

That's great your insurance comp reimbursed you 400 bucks for a new helmet! I love my modular, best of both worlds 8) When I dropped my Buddy back in January, my ins co replaced my top case, cowl protectors, and any panel that was scratched.

What a great attitude that you plan to continue riding despite your accident! Good luck & get well soon.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Angela wrote:Thanks, I am really trying. It gets hard at times. I feel helpless. I am unemployed and do not have medical insurance so looks like bankruptcy for me because of medical bills.
That sucks. For what it's worth, that's a very popular method of paying for "the best health care in the world".
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Keep you chin up, Angela! God bless you and take good care of yourself! Let us know when your surgery is done.

Nice helmet. I love my FFM but I'll never buy one online again. The fit was just a little off and I suffer for it occassionally.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Angela

Post by Angela »

pugbuddy wrote:Keep you chin up, Angela! God bless you and take good care of yourself! Let us know when your surgery is done.

Nice helmet. I love my FFM but I'll never buy one online again. The fit was just a little off and I suffer for it occasionally.
they carry them at the motorcycle shop by me. they don't have pink and its more expensive so i try on in the store and buy online.