FYI: Buddy for parts available

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rickko

FYI: Buddy for parts available

Post by rickko »

Saw this on CL today. It's pink and cheap!

DISCLAIMER: I have no interest or knowledge about this ad. Just passing it along.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/mcy/1217447848.html

..rickko..
PS. Chula Vista is south of San Diego, CA
Ride it like you enjoy it!
MB member #2568
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

One note: the scooter is 125cc so is not freeway legal as the ad states...

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Guess if you're looking for parts, this isn't a bad idea
Angela

Post by Angela »

that's not pink its cream
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

the ad is just misleading in general, that person was probably drunk when posting :roll:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sheesh, another salvaged title with nothing more than 'some front end cosmetic damage'. Like Kaos said at the end of this thread, if it starts, the running gear alone is more than worth the money.

But these guys are implying that their Buddys could be (safely) ridden home. I don't think so.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Angela

Post by Angela »

Syd wrote:Sheesh, another salvaged title with nothing more than 'some front end cosmetic damage'. Like Kaos said at the end of this thread, if it starts, the running gear alone is more than worth the money.

But these guys are implying that their Buddys could be (safely) ridden home. I don't think so.
I am going to see if any of the guys at the shop know this scooter.
whitepigeonhope

Post by whitepigeonhope »

r0sa wrote:the ad is just misleading in general, that person was probably drunk when posting :roll:
Grammar and such aside, did anyone else notice that the photo has been flipped? "Buddy 125" backwards and my exhaust isn't on that side.

Pieces to the puzzle?
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

So I went the CA DMV website to read what makes something 'salvage' since I was concerned that just having to get my scoot repaired might make it so. A few of my friends have had their cars stolen only to have the police find them eventually - just parked on a street in a different neighborhood (joyride?) and those cars were immediately changed to "salvaged" just for being stolen and in someone else's hands. According the website the insurance or owner has to claim it can't be fixed and it must meet the following requirements:

A vehicle that meets one of the following criteria and has no resale value except as a source of parts or scrap metal:

Is irreversibly designated by the owner solely as a source of part or scrap metal

Is completely stripped (surgical strip) when recovered from theft

Is irreversibly designated by the owner solely as a source of part or scrap metal

I guess that's what this guy is saying -scrap/parts but a messed up front panel isn't "unrepairable"

All the way around it's suspect.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Usually what designates a scoot as "salvage" is that it has been totaled by the insurance company after an accident or has been recovered after a theft and insurance payout. Either way it is difficult to reverse the salvage designation even if the damage is repaired. In my state, once designated as "salvage", the title designation can not be changed. That means not eligible for normal titling or insurance.