Sad Loss

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Angela

Sad Loss

Post by Angela »

Just got a call from the shop. They were working on fixing my scooter when they found some frame damage. My beautiful pink scooter is dead. I put so much work into her, I feel like I lost my best friend.
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

:cry: Not nice. We all know you were looking forward to getting her back. Sorry Angela...stay strong and heal up quick :D
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Get your butt down there and take anything and everything off of it that you can reuse on another scooter. The insurance company will sell it off before you can blink an eye.

Sorry to hear about it being totaled :(
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

The insurance company will usually offer to sell it back to you, they don't want to deal with taking it to an auction.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Oh no... So sorry. I agree with Lostmycage about taking every accessory off your Buddy ASAP.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Luckily I am friends with the shop guys and we are working on that. I want to buy the totaled bike form the insurance company because many of the panels are still good and can be used. All the damage is in the front.

I may be scooter less for a while. Debating about holding my insurance money in case the 4 stroke Stella actually comes out. I wont be riding for about two months so I will just sit on the money.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

Sorry to hear about your poor Buddy.

My daughter and I choked back tears when we traded in our reliable little Buddy.

4T Stella will be available in the rest of the US before Calif. If it arrive during calendar year 2010, we may not see it for 6 to 8 months afterwards. Ex: SYMba and SYM Fiddle II are still not CARB approved.
Last edited by pcbikedude on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

The engine alone should make you money.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Some insurance companies won't even offer your bike to you when they total it. Some will even total it and sell it off before they tell you it's totaled, or rather, before finding out the value and deciding it's not totaled. I'm speaking from experience here.

Strip it fast! They might get upset about panels and the like being taken off, but anything you've added I'd take right off. I'd probably take the panels as well, unless they've sent an adjuster to look at it.
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

I find that hard to believe.

What happens the million dollars in $20's you have stored in the pet carrier when your bike is taken away and no one tells you?
How are they going to sell it when it's still titled and registered in your name?
Angela

Post by Angela »

Lostmycage wrote:Some insurance companies won't even offer your bike to you when they total it. Some will even total it and sell it off before they tell you it's totaled, or rather, before finding out the value and deciding it's not totaled. I'm speaking from experience here.

Strip it fast! They might get upset about panels and the like being taken off, but anything you've added I'd take right off. I'd probably take the panels as well, unless they've sent an adjuster to look at it.
the shop called me before them
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

O NOOO!!! !!! !!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
ModBud #442
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Ray Knobs wrote:How are they going to sell it when it's still titled and registered in your name?
With a savage title?
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

oh no! :(

What a rollercoaster! I was sure it was totaled at the scene. I was happy to hear that was just "appearances" and now it turns out it was. BOO! :(

I'm sure the shop is giving you solid advice on what you can and can't do now that it's salvage. GEICO has seen it once so stripping would be risky, I'd think.

maybe a pinkjack will be in your future.

sorry to hear the news :(
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:
Ray Knobs wrote:How are they going to sell it when it's still titled and registered in your name?
With a savage title?
Those barbarians!
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Pull the motor at least, it'll be worth money or you can join the Voodoo club and use it to research more extreme mods without tearing down your rider ;)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Sorry to hear it, Angela! Shop well while you heal--now you get the fun of shopping for a new ride! (Trying to look on the bright side, here)! :?
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

i must be miss this conversations.. how comes that your buddy's frame had some damaged? was it crashed in accident or something?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

SCOOT3R wrote:i must be miss this conversations.. how comes that your buddy's frame had some damaged? was it crashed in accident or something?
It was damaged in an accident that was not Angela's or her scooter's fault. Disappointed? SCOOT3R, I think you are a troll. For some reason you have come here to jump in on every thread to see if you can stir up trouble. Pls consider this your invitation to find some other web site to grace with your presence. And, if you are logging in via proxy servers as multiple users as I suspect, please take all you friends/identities with you. Thanks!
rvajma

Post by rvajma »

I second the motion.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
With a savage title?
Those barbarians!
Thanks! That gave me a chuckle!
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Damn Angela........so sorry. And I was lookin forward to a ride with you soon. Well, I'm sure you be on the road soon enough and besides, nobody going anywhere. We'll be here when you get new wheel. Just get better, OK?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
With a savage title?
Those barbarians!
:rofl: Best Pun on a Freudian typo. Ever. I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. Whew, thanks Syd.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
jrsjr wrote: With a savage title?
Those barbarians!
:rofl: Best Pun on a Freudian typo. Ever. I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. Whew, thanks Syd.
Took me a second, but thanks for pointing that out. I needed the laugh this morning! :D

Very sorry to hear about the scooter, Angela. :( Heal up, and good luck in getting everything you want off your baby before it's put to rest! :)
Last edited by Cheshire on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxer

Post by laxer »

It cause buddy disposable moped scooter no good crash and still ride like other moped scooter...
Animaetrix00

Post by Animaetrix00 »

ack, that sucks! I musta missed something... *pokes around*

:hugs:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

laxer wrote:It cause buddy disposable moped scooter no good crash and still ride like other moped scooter...
What Happen?
Someone set up us the bomb!
we get signal!
All your base are belong to us!
you are on the way to destruction.
you have no chance for survive. Make your time.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_your_b ... cript">For great justice.</a>
A_Hunter

Post by A_Hunter »

:cry: What a very sad day. I am sorry about you loss.
Angela

Post by Angela »

I have a really dumb question.

Is the frame repairable? I have no experience with vehicle accidents so this is all new to me.

I am really not taking the loss of my Buddy well at all and I may be grasping at straws to try and get her back. I was just so attached. I don't think I could get another Buddy if she's gone.

I need to take a piece off of her to remember her by at least. When my dogs died I got to keep their ashes, can I keep a pink panel?
gcrepe

Post by gcrepe »

Eeeeeeps. So sorry to hear about your Scooter loss. I hope you're able to salvage as many/much of the part as possible and get something together for yourself soon!
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I suppose if you were able to buy the scoot back from the insurance company you could just buy a new frame and then move all of the good parts from your old scoot onto the new frame. It would probably be fairly expensive though. Might even be cheaper to buy a new pink buddy and just move the custom stuff over to the new scoot :( So sorry to hear about your scooter btw. Hopefully you'll be able to replace it with something really awesome :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Syd

Post by Syd »

Angela wrote:I have a really dumb question.

Is the frame repairable?
I think this is a very good question. There are frame benders (I can't find the official name at the moment) for automotive use. Is it just because of the cost differential that no one repairs scooter frames?

I don't want to raise hopes unnecessarily, but why don't scooter frames get repaired?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Angela wrote:I have a really dumb question.

Is the frame repairable? I have no experience with vehicle accidents so this is all new to me.

I am really not taking the loss of my Buddy well at all and I may be grasping at straws to try and get her back. I was just so attached. I don't think I could get another Buddy if she's gone.

I need to take a piece off of her to remember her by at least. When my dogs died I got to keep their ashes, can I keep a pink panel?
I wouldn't trust the integrity of a bent frame even it's fixed and that's why it's salvaged - bent metal just isn't as strong as when poured or cast.

Perhaps Carrie won't mind if you take a panel, particularly if it was one they were going to replace anyways. She seemed really friendly anyway. If not, maybe the shop will replace the panel and give you an original. While they aren't that cheap at retail I bet "cost" isn't much and if it makes your heart mend faster, I bet they'd do it.
maribell

Post by maribell »

Unforuately, it is often not worth the cost or trouble to get the frame repaired. And Buddy frames are only available in Taiwan, Genuine doesn't bring the frame over for spares. I say.... go Pinkjack!! But please, paint the wheels. I hate the red wheels....
Angela

Post by Angela »

Buying the Buddy back from the insurance company. She will be in my garage tomorrow.

The front end is toast but most else is good. Going to be selling it out for pats. The engine is almost new and untouched, she still starts.

Look for my upcoming posting in the for sale section. PM me if you want anything.

Love, Angela
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Angela wrote:Buying the Buddy back from the insurance company. She will be in my garage tomorrow.

The front end is toast but most else is good. Going to be selling it out for pats. The engine is almost new and untouched, she still starts.

Look for my upcoming posting in the for sale section. PM me if you want anything.

Love, Angela
Don't you have a stereo on your buddy and if so, are you selling it as well?
Angela

Post by Angela »

Derrick wrote:
Angela wrote:Buying the Buddy back from the insurance company. She will be in my garage tomorrow.

Love, Angela
I will PM you Derrick
purple

sad loss

Post by purple »

Angela, So, so sorry to hear about your accident! Hope you recover soon! I know how we can get attached to our buddy's. I say hello to
L'il putt-putt, when I'm getting into my car and if I haven't been able to ride for a few days, I have to lift up her cover and look at the baby blue
color and give her a pat...
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Derrick wrote:

Love, Angela
A stereo on the scoot? How do you do that? :?
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

dakotamouse wrote:
Derrick wrote:

Love, Angela
A stereo on the scoot? How do you do that? :?
http://www.scooterwest.com/item_detail/ ... ROME/3063/

I have it in black and it's the BEST accessory EVER!