Will PGO E-BUDDY ELECTRIC SCOOTER hit in usa eventually?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SCOOT3R

Will PGO E-BUDDY ELECTRIC SCOOTER hit in usa eventually?

Post by SCOOT3R »

E-Scooter's top speed:37 like cousin 50cc gas powered scooter.

Bubu's body design is nothing changes. but headlight is a little bit small than gas scooter's headlight..

E-BUBU ELECTRIC SCOOTER
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

It'll never ever EVER hit the USA.

I like the idea, but the battery powered technology just isnt good enough to the point it could compete with gas powered motors.

I actually posted about this a week ago, you can see videos and pictures of it.

The smaller headlight is actually the original design of the PGO bubu when it came out back then, thats why 2006 buddy's have it. In 2007 genuine and pgo worked together on people's comments about wanting a larger headlight, so they designed it that way. Then PGO started building american styled buddy's for taiwan's own market.
TVB

Post by TVB »

jfrost2 wrote:It'll never ever EVER hit the USA.
I like the idea, but the battery powered technology just isnt good enough to the point it could compete with gas powered motors.
I don't think it'd sell very well here, but I think you're a little too certain. If gas got up to $5/gallon, the government gave big tax credits for buying "an electric vehicle", and employers offered perks for using one (to show "corporate responsibility"), I could see people buying these for in-town commuting. Just because you would never buy it doesn't mean other people wouldn't.
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

jfrost2 wrote:It'll never ever EVER hit the USA.

I actually posted about this a week ago, you can see videos and pictures of it.
I didnt know that you posted about another thread.. I did screached lists of threads in modern buddy. there is none topic like this.. thats why i created it. if your thread has topic already, then why not this merge within your thread. smile..
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

my broswer is f**ked up.. so i use different broswer..

anyway....

jfrost2- thank you for clarfiy explain about headlight budu design. :wink:

If it hit in usa, I wont buy that electric scooter, because battery will selling as expensive if upgrade battery has powerful than the stock battery.. Plus can't custom or very limit to customize scooter as such boom stero, etc..
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

What?
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

bigbropgo wrote:What?
yawn...excuse me.. **cough**whats your attiude problem?**cough**
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

eh, there's a bunch of electric scooters here in SC, they ride in the bike lane and piss me off. I think there are about 4 dealers in town, and many tourists like to rent them to get around.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

SCOOT3R wrote:
His problem is that you post WAY too much for somebody who doesn't speak basic English. 90% of your posts make absolutely no sense and we don't feel like deciphering your code. :wink:
SCOOT3R

Post by SCOOT3R »

ScooterTrash wrote:
SCOOT3R wrote:
His problem is that you post WAY too much for somebody who doesn't speak basic English. 90% of your posts make absolutely no sense and we don't feel like deciphering your code. :wink:
big childish kid, I dont care IF my posts make absolutely no sense.. why you talk to me.. I know you hijacked my thread turn into flame topic. you ddnt want to deciphering my code into another langauage.. its your problem, not mine... Then, dont post by this if you cant stand what the posts I made. why not you use the feature ingore on me or ignore my posts.. Yawn..

pleas stay on this topic, thanks!
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

I am thinking I might wash my car today and have a turkey sandwich for lunch.
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

I am also having a turkey sandwich for lunch, but am thing about taking a nap instead of washing anything.
Werd, Yo! I'm Rusty.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

I was forced to eat a sausage egg & cheese McGriddle for breakfast. Lunch: undecided.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

It might be a while before the eBubu makes it over here in some form or another. The USA is addicted to sprawl construction, and as far as I know is the only place in the world that's like that. (Hmm...is Canada? I don't know.) With large distances to cover to get anywhere, the eBubu will need a better battery capacity...something that all electric transportation is frantically working on.

Personally, I would love to see an eBubu over here. I'd be ecstatic to see an electric Buddy that could perform nearly as well as the 125cc. Maybe a top speed of 50mph, range of 60 miles before reduction in performance...something like that would easily shoehorn it's way into competing with my dream motorcycle fund. :lol:
TVB

Post by TVB »

Cheshire wrote:It might be a while before the eBubu makes it over here in some form or another. The USA is addicted to sprawl construction, and as far as I know is the only place in the world that's like that. (Hmm...is Canada? I don't know.)
Most Canadians live within 5 miles of the US border,* which leads to sprawl, but only in one direction. You can get from the US border to the Canadian wilderness in 10 minutes,* but there's a thin megalopolis running all the way from Windsor to Montreal.**

* I exaggerate a little.
** I don't exaggerate much at all.
Angela

Post by Angela »

ScooterDave wrote:I am thinking I might wash my car today and have a turkey sandwich for lunch.
That sounds nice.

Will yo be adding cheese to your sandwich?
ScooterDave
Most Likely to Spontaneously Combust

Post by ScooterDave »

Angela wrote:
ScooterDave wrote:I am thinking I might wash my car today and have a turkey sandwich for lunch.
That sounds nice.

As much as I would like to have a slice of swiss I will not. Can not do much cheese anymore since the heart attack.
Angela

Post by Angela »

ScooterDave wrote:
Angela wrote:
That sounds nice.

As much as I would like to have a slice of swiss I will not. Can not do much cheese anymore since the heart attack.
That sucks.

Now I want a swiss cheese sandwich for lunch.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

ScooterDave wrote:
Angela wrote:
That sounds nice.

Though I've not had a heart attack (glad to hear your recovery is going well, by the way) I have to stay away from the cheese too for similar health reasons. Bean burrito for me today. No car washing needed, it's raining every day.
Angela

Post by Angela »

jmazza wrote:
ScooterDave wrote:
Angela wrote: That sounds nice.

Though I've not had a heart attack (glad to hear your recovery is going well, by the way) I have to stay away from the cheese too for similar health reasons. Bean burrito for me today. No car washing needed, it's raining every day.
I love a nice bean and cheese. I am going low cal so bean burritos are a special treat.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Angela wrote:
jmazza wrote:
ScooterDave wrote: As much as I would like to have a slice of swiss I will not. Can not do much cheese anymore since the heart attack.
I love a nice bean and cheese. I am going low cal so bean burritos are a special treat.
Well I hate to admit it's an Amy's Kitchen Black Bean Burrito and it IS the entire lunch, so 280 cal. No cheese either. Sodium is way high though. I love the Amy's Kitchen stuff as far as quick easy lunch goes.
Angela

Post by Angela »

jmazza wrote:
Angela wrote:
jmazza wrote: Though I've not had a heart attack (glad to hear your recovery is going well, by the way) I have to stay away from the cheese too for similar health reasons. Bean burrito for me today. No car washing needed, it's raining every day.
Well I hate to admit it's an Amy's Kitchen Black Bean Burrito and it IS the entire lunch, so 280 cal. No cheese either. Sodium is way high though. I love the Amy's Kitchen stuff as far as quick easy lunch goes.
I love the Amy's veggie meatloaf. I agree, the sodium is way high.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

the video was kind of amusing, the girls were scooting on the sidewalk!
maribell

Post by maribell »

I can't eat the Amy's stuff. This girl that lived down the hall from me in the dorm did... and I would rather die than share a bathroom with her again.

I ate Taco Bell for lunch. In one of the nice, new styled Taco Bells. They keep the A/C at 68, too. So it's a treat in more than one way.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

i had my first barbecue chicken pizza today. i may have another.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
hardd1
Dealer

Post by hardd1 »

bean burrito + can't roll windows down(rain) = dead rear seat passenger :wink:
laxer

Post by laxer »

bigbropgo wrote:i had my first barbecue chicken pizza today. i may have another.
First ever!? Then you MUST have another!
SCOOT3R

E-metro scooter is the same version of E-Bubu!

Post by SCOOT3R »

I don't know that E-Metro scooter is selling in canada which is the same version from eBubu.
TVB

Re: E-metro scooter is the same version of E-Bubu!

Post by TVB »

SCOOT3R wrote:I don't know that E-Metro scooter is selling in canada which is the same version from eBubu.
Interesting. Apparently it uses a combination of Pb-acid and Li-ion batteries, with a standard range of 32 miles, and an extended range of 125 miles with an optional set of Li-ion batteries. Max speed is 36mph.
ciano

Post by ciano »

I would love to have an e-BuBu scooter. I joined this forum to comment on and learn more about substantial electric scooters. The pairing of the Li and Pb batteries is synergistic.

http://plugbike.com/2009/10/08/ultra-mo ... ike.com%29

"...While the external battery (high energy) is removable and allows you to bring it indoors for easy charging, it is also designed to charge the internal battery (high power). Click the break to see a video of Joe Bowman, President of Ultra Motor explaining how it works.

The internal battery is engineered to deliver higher currents required for acceleration. The combination of the two types of Lithium Ion battery extends the life of the internal battery by 30% while increasing range by 50%."

http://www.wize.com.tw/en_pr_cont.asp?id=15&myarea=2
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I'm greatly interested in electric powered vehicles. The primary problem is, where do you store the 25 miles of extension cord?
TVB

Post by TVB »

PeterC wrote:I'm greatly interested in electric powered vehicles. The primary problem is, where do you store the 25 miles of extension cord?
Wireless, my boy. Wireless.