Good Scooter Magazines?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BGTsoccer1

Good Scooter Magazines?

Post by BGTsoccer1 »

I work 3rd shift at a large jail and have some down time due to Inmates sleeping. We cant take much of anything fun in with us because....well.....its a very large jail. So I always try to find good magazine subscriptions. I would like a couple scooter magazines to pass some time but dont want to end up with a year subscription of a crappy one. I would prefer it to be at least a monthly subscription although it seems that Scoot! being bi-monthly might still be worth the wait. Anyone have any subscriptions or looked through any scooter magazines/books that you would be comfortable recomending?
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

I've often wondered the same thing.

I concluded the best way to burn time on The Commode (the other magazine reading location, naturally), is to read Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa via iPhone. Material's always new, and enough reviews pop up to make things interesting!
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

I subscribe to Scoot! Magazine which I think comes out bi-monthly but it seems kind of hit and miss whether the issues are bi-monthly or quarterly. I enjoy reading this magazine and I probably read each issue cover-to-cover about 2 or 3 times.

I am not familiar with other scooter magazines but this posting lists several other scooter magazines:

viewtopic.php?t=11377&highlight=scooter+magazine
Wayne
The safest rule, no ifs or buts
Just drive like everyone else is nuts! (Burma Shave)
BGTsoccer1

Post by BGTsoccer1 »

pyrocpu wrote:I've often wondered the same thing.

I concluded the best way to burn time on The Commode (the other magazine reading location, naturally), is to read Modern Buddy & Modern Vespa via iPhone. Material's always new, and enough reviews pop up to make things interesting!
Yeah that would be great but those two way communication devices arent allowed either. Maybe I should change jobs so I can keep up with Modern Buddy all night....
Lookin' To Scoot

Post by Lookin' To Scoot »

Are you concerned about the long-term effects the air quality might have on the iPhone?
pyrocpu

Post by pyrocpu »

Lookin' To Scoot wrote:

Are you concerned about the long-term effects the air quality might have on the iPhone?
I think there's an app for that in the App Store, to purify the air... :D
j/k
Update: "Bought the motorcycle, still have the Blackjack... wife wants me to sell Blackjack..."

Prairiedale

Post by Prairiedale »

There really IS an app for everything
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

I know that I am resurrecting on old thread, but I wanted folks to know that there is, again, an American scooter magazine.

The Scooter 'Zine began in early 2019 and has been growing slowly and steadily. I know, because I am the editor and publisher.

The Scooter 'Zine is bi-monthly and is available in print (B&W) or digital (full color) formats. Each issue features an individual rider, a local shop, a scooter club, a scooter history column as well as feature stories, reviews and other great stuff. Great photos, too.

Currently, we have no advertisers, which means that every single page is devoted entirely to great content for you.

If you want to keep up on announcements and other fun stuff please follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram.

Subscriptions are just $20/year and you can find out how to subscribe at thescooterzine.com

Have a great week
Ride Safe

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Howard, you need to publish a link or something on your page. SUBSCRIBE NOW simply gives me your email. When I type that into PayPal it tries to charge me another $5.98 or some random amount on top of your payment. If you make it difficult to pay you, you won't get many subscribers.

I used the app on my phone so you should get it now.
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Thanks for the heads up. I shall talk with my IT department (aka my son-in-law) about clearing that up.

Thanks for the subscription

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
2003stellaDave

Post by 2003stellaDave »

Scooternova is good. It’s mostly vintage Vespas and Lambrettas. Excellent photography.

I’ve subscribed to Scootering in the past but it bugs me too much. Too frigging English and sentimental.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Lookin' To Scoot wrote: Are you concerned about the long-term effects the air quality might have on the iPhone?
Mental note: never buy a used phone.