Laid down my Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Shellee

Laid down my Buddy

Post by Shellee »

Well, as careful as we try to be on the road, you can never really prepare for the unexpected. I was turning into a parking lot this weekend, and a woman who was checking her face in her rear-view mirror as she turned out of the lot, drove on MY side of the entrance as she turned, and almost hit me. I know she didn't see me... I saw her looking at herself in her mirror! I had to jam on my brakes to avoid going directly into her SUV and tried to hold the scooter up as I stopped. Unfortunately I couldn't keep it upright and it went down on the right side. The driver looked totally shocked when she finally saw me... she had NO idea I was even there. She kept apologizing over and over... I finally told her to SHUT UP as I was struggling to get my bike back up.

Thank goodness there was just minor damage, a slightly bent brake lever. I had a little trouble starting it, but it turned over after a few kicks.

I wasn't hurt either, but believe me, I was mad! It's a scary feeling to realize you are totally invisible to some of these cagers.
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

So glad to hear you are alright, Shellee. That must've been infuriating. :evil: It seems that everyone in ATL is on their cell phone when driving and that makes me very nervous.

Any damage to your Buddy?
Laura
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Glad you're okay!!!

Post by jrsjr »

Yikes! Shellee, I'm glad to hear you're okay. Somebody needs to figure out how to shoehorn one of those loud horns into a Buddy and do a thread here showing us how with lots of pix and all the info we need to install one.

Again, I'm glad that you are okay.
dahuffy

Re: Glad you're okay!!!

Post by dahuffy »

jrsjr wrote:Yikes! Shellee, I'm glad to hear you're okay. Somebody needs to figure out how to shoehorn one of those loud horns into a Buddy and do a thread here showing us how with lots of pix and all the info we need to install one.

Again, I'm glad that you are okay.
I Second that!!! :x :x :x
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
mlstephens

Post by mlstephens »

Be careful out there. Zac over at StellaSpeed was in a terrible accident on Sunday; woman in SUV turned right in front of him. Short story is he had full protective gear on, but when you broadside a large cage, it isn't good. He's in a coma with skull fractures. Info here at: Zacsfund blog

You can donate money to help his cause at PayPal, using the email zacsfund@yahoo.com to direct funds to his family.

Prayers are certainly needed.
Last edited by mlstephens on Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jess

Post by jess »

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that, Shellee. I'm glad you're okay.
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

Thanks all, for letting me vent! I guess I'm still a little shook up over what happened! After reading about Zac's horrible accident, I'm realizing how lucky I am that I wasn't hurt... it could have been so much worse.

I also think if I'd been on my Fly, there would have been a lot more damage to the body. The Buddy really had no damage other than the brake lever. I hope a replacement part is available, since the Buddy is so new! I'm going to call my dealer to find out.

~ Shellee
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
DeadPatroit

close calls

Post by DeadPatroit »

Wow Shellee!!!
You were lucky..and we are all damn glad of it. It makes me wonder sometimes if its worth it. The people in the cages are ususlly so preoccupied with stuff other than driving(cell phones, food, make-up) that its amazing that it doesn't happen more often. I remember back in my past life that i learned that it is best to assume that the don't see you. I know..it can be maddening, but sometimes paranoia is the best policy. Glad You are ok..
real friends don't let friends use Windows.