Blackjack top Speed?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jwaylon

Blackjack top Speed?

Post by jwaylon »

After break-in on a blackjack, what is a top speed for the things without mods?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

It all depends on your size and weight but I'm 6'1, 185lbs, and I've had my 150cc St. Tropez, bone stock, up to 72mph (GPS'd. At that speed the speedo is burried.) So a Blackjack with a Prima pipe installed should get a couple MPH more I would think. That top speed is not sustainable. Top sustainable speed will be about 65 real mph.

You won't get anywhere close to those speeds until your scooter is well broken in. ie 1500 - 2000 miles.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Tocsik

Re: Blackjack top Speed?

Post by Tocsik »

jwaylon wrote:After break-in on a blackjack, what is a top speed for the things without mods?
Mach 11! :lol:

Seriously though, too many variables:
  • break-in style
    riding habits
    ambient temp/pressure/humidity
    etc, etc
Probably 73 or so but not sustainable.

Definitely fast enough for 10-inch wheels!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
MDMason

Post by MDMason »

Can't get above real speed of 55mph with 500 miles on the clock. 5'8 215 lbs.
Sleepy_Dave

Post by Sleepy_Dave »

Fantastic. I'm 6' and 230. Thank god I'm losing weight!
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

ok then what is the stop speed for the everyone thats tryed to hit top speed that has a black jack
heyitsomid

Post by heyitsomid »

my brother was following me in the car and he said i was going between 55 and 60 mph. i'm 5'8.5" and 165lbs.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

My Pamplona has a few "adjustments" but I've only ever had it get to 70 on the speedo. That was a long time ago.
Now, it will max out at about 65-67 bmph. I've never been able to bury the speedo but I haven't gone downhill with sustained WOT.

Wish I knew how to get a few more MPH out of her without a cylinder kit!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
klaborde

Post by klaborde »

I am getting on my Buddy 125, with all the mods... 65MPG on the GPS.
CVT has been totally changed to Dr Pulley components, Prima Exhaust, update Jets, etc...
Mods:Prima Wind Shield, Perf Exhaust, Front/Rear Racks, Cowl, Fender Guard, DR Pulley Variator & Racing Clutch, Bright LED DRL's, Strobe Brake Light, Zumo 220 GPS, Cheeky Seat Cover, Pirate Upholstery Leather Seat
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

That is one sweet Buddy my friend.
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Someone on Craigslist in Seattle is saying their stock Blackjack gets 80mph. :rofl:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2822754418.html
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

mine is a Buddy 125 and I am in the process of breaking in; I am 5' 9 1/2" & @ 220 lbs; I have hit 58mph (speedometer) on a flat surface which gives me @ 52mph actual...
cacarbuff

Post by cacarbuff »

I'm going on 10K on the clock and when I was right around 2500, I got it up to about 77-78bmph on a very slight down hill, but now the fastest I can get is about 72bmph indicated. Based on the one gps conversion test I did, I think that's about 71 and 65 mph respectively. I drive down the PCH at WOT almost every day for work, and I can tell you the top speed varies a TON based on wind conditions. Sometimes I can't get it above 60bmph.... And I'm always fully tucked....

We'll see how it does after my 150cc-183cc overhaul! :)

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm about 5'11.5" and 175lbs.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Raiderfn311

Post by Raiderfn311 »

Lagerhead wrote:I love Zombie threads! :)

Don't worry, it's a Black Jack, just a Pink one :wink:

20,821 miles and if there wasn't a 30mph zone just in sight I am sure this would have been even faster. I think the engine is finally broken in by bonegirl, on Flickr
I took it for granted you "pinked" out the Blackjack. That is one sweet ride. I wouldnt usually ride a pink bike, but with that one Id make an exception.
The Edge....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who truly know where it is have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I totally stand corrected--shouldn't have laughed! Got the thread going again though!

Perhaps the Craigslist advertiser was stating "indicated" as above, so in a way it's valid. Those Blackjack speedos should go to 90 or 100, huh?

Nice to hear that Bonegirl is still out there--already up in the 20s! Might have known. :D

She's braver than I to be taking pictures at speed like that, but I know it's far from her first!
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Lagerhead wrote:I love Zombie threads! :)

Don't worry, it's a Black Jack, just a Pink one :wink:

20,821 miles and if there wasn't a 30mph zone just in sight I am sure this would have been even faster. I think the engine is finally broken in by bonegirl, on Flickr
Hah! I don't know which is scarier; the fact that you're going that fast on a small wheeled scooter, or the fact that you took a picture while doing so. :lol:
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

pdxrita wrote:
Hah! I don't know which is scarier; the fact that you're going that fast on a small wheeled scooter, or the fact that you took a picture while doing so. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I know! I was on my way to Dragrace and most of the bikes are tricked out so I couldn't resist taking this picture on my way out to Race. I know it's not actual speed but it still looks impressive! I think on my GPS I've seen it up to 74mph. I'm 215 pounds so that's hauling a load! 8) No Prima pipe or anything extra.

I love the Black Jack!
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

all time top was 80 indicated (slight downhill into low pressure zone cause by two semis passing under an overpass)

if there is no wind, or it is behind you 65
if you are going into the wind, you will be lucky to maintain 55 (esp up hills).

(me @ 225#)