If you could change one thing (anything) about your Buddy...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tanuki

Just a little shorter, please.

Post by Tanuki »

I'm only 5' tall - and my buddy 125 was almost, but not quite, too tall for me. I'd like it to be a little smaller.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

A hot babe on the bitch-seat! Ok, just kidding...sort of....

I think bigger tires would be nice and a clock would be very cool IMHO. It's hard to check your watch when you're all geared up! I'm happy with the gas tank size and the storage. Heck, I'm happy with pretty much everything! :D
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
pdxrita

Re: Just a little shorter, please.

Post by pdxrita »

Tanuki wrote:I'm only 5' tall - and my buddy 125 was almost, but not quite, too tall for me. I'd like it to be a little smaller.
Yes! Two votes for a shorter Buddy! Or, maybe even an aftermarket seat that's pre-shaved to a shorter height? Would it make you feel better if I said "you tower over me"? I'm 4'10" - I ride with platform boots on and can still only get a toe down in most situations. It feels really luxurious when I can actually flatfoot, such as a severe off-camber road or when there are huge ruts in the road and I'm sitting in a hole. I digress. Yes, a shorter Buddy would be wonderful!
Perkussion

Post by Perkussion »

1) A seat that is still comfortable after an hour's ride
2) A brighter display on the dash
3) A lighted clock
4) A built-in cup holder :)
nateandcourt

Post by nateandcourt »

Yes, I would give up under seat storage for a large gas tank! That would be a great after market option. especially if I decide to scoot to Gatlinburg again. :D Wouldn't have to carry a gas can.
mojobuddy70cc
Banned

just a couple things

Post by mojobuddy70cc »

,, front running lights ( where blinkers are) that work so i don`t have to pay $50 and kill my batt having them
* a reserve fuel tank ( like a vespa)
a real rear fender
more dash board for proper coffee stash(holder)
heated seat option
better anti-theft like gps tracking
Free "feel the love boxers" w/ every new purchase
,,but i wub my bud
laxer

Post by laxer »

Ooh! I just thought of another one for my Ratt: A brighter headlight!!
beach

Post by beach »

More fuel capacity, even a half a gallon would be appreciated. If done at the next update of the scoot fuel could be moved into the front leg shield ala yager 200 and Sym VS. Then rear storage could be INCREASED :D
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

pdxrita wrote:
Tanuki wrote:I'm only 5' tall - and my buddy 125 was almost, but not quite, too tall for me. I'd like it to be a little smaller.
Yes! Two votes for a shorter Buddy! Or, maybe even an aftermarket seat that's pre-shaved to a shorter height? Would it make you feel better if I said "you tower over me"? I'm 4'10" - I ride with platform boots on and can still only get a toe down in most situations. It feels really luxurious when I can actually flatfoot, such as a severe off-camber road or when there are huge ruts in the road and I'm sitting in a hole. I digress. Yes, a shorter Buddy would be wonderful!
Heh, my wife has been trying to learn to ride my Buddy, and she's only 4'8"! I'm likely going to have to just get her her own scoot due to the extreme high difference(I'm 6'3"). It really can't be made to fit both of us :)
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Post by Portland_Rider »

Kaos,

Why don't you build your wife a scoot? You have the skills. I guess the problem would be getting US DOT and ODOT approval.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Portland_Rider wrote:Kaos,

Why don't you build your wife a scoot? You have the skills. I guess the problem would be getting US DOT and ODOT approval.
I'm planning on it. I got a Diamo for free thats got a blown engine. Its very low to the ground, so if the frame isn't utter crap I'll rebuild it and give it to her as a surprise.
Portland_Rider

Post by Portland_Rider »

laxer wrote:Ooh! I just thought of another one for my Ratt: A brighter headlight!!
This might easily solve your wish for a brighter light. PIAA HS1 Super-Plasma GT-X bulb. Several of us own it. This bulb requires the same power as the Buddy stock bulb yet gives off a lot more light.

Others recommended it to me and its been a great purchase.

http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/bulbs.html
Portland_Rider

Post by Portland_Rider »

Kaos wrote:
Portland_Rider wrote:Kaos,

I'm planning on it. I got a Diamo for free thats got a blown engine. Its very low to the ground, so if the frame isn't utter crap I'll rebuild it and give it to her as a surprise.

I look forward to seeing it!

Maybe you can start a side business building custom scoots for vertically challenged riders. :D
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Kaos wrote: Heh, my wife has been trying to learn to ride my Buddy, and she's only 4'8"! I'm likely going to have to just get her her own scoot due to the extreme high difference(I'm 6'3"). It really can't be made to fit both of us :)
I can't honestly imagine being even 2" shorter than I already am, and doing this. But then again, I suppose someone who is 5' or 5'2" might say the same thing. Where there's a will there's a way. If you got her a Buddy, it would probably be doable with a combination of a shaved seat and platform shoes. Or, as you later mentioned, a custom build would work too. Good luck with that! I'd love to see it.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

pdxrita wrote:
Kaos wrote: Heh, my wife has been trying to learn to ride my Buddy, and she's only 4'8"! I'm likely going to have to just get her her own scoot due to the extreme high difference(I'm 6'3"). It really can't be made to fit both of us :)
I can't honestly imagine being even 2" shorter than I already am, and doing this. But then again, I suppose someone who is 5' or 5'2" might say the same thing. Where there's a will there's a way. If you got her a Buddy, it would probably be doable with a combination of a shaved seat and platform shoes. Or, as you later mentioned, a custom build would work too. Good luck with that! I'd love to see it.
Yeah, I think with a shaved seat and maybe the Buddy 50(Since its a bit shorter) she'd be ok. She COULD ride my 125, but it wouldn't be comfortable as she can just barely reach. The custom will likely be what she gets :D
laxer

Post by laxer »

Portland_Rider wrote:
laxer wrote:Ooh! I just thought of another one for my Ratt: A brighter headlight!!
This might easily solve your wish for a brighter light. PIAA HS1 Super-Plasma GT-X bulb. Several of us own it. This bulb requires the same power as the Buddy stock bulb yet gives off a lot more light.

Others recommended it to me and its been a great purchase.

http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/bulbs.html
Very cool. Does anyone know if the buddy and rattler use the same headlight configuration or if they can use the same bulbs? Thanks.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

that it would run....
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
rajron

Post by rajron »

I think, for me, I would like it to change into a GTS Super 300
If thats not possible, larger capacity, at least 180cc
mojobuddy70cc
Banned

a replacement bulb

Post by mojobuddy70cc »

for $44.99?? GTS H-1 for a bulb?? feel anything hit ya in the back of the head when ya ordered that?
Portland_Rider

Re: a replacement bulb

Post by Portland_Rider »

mojobuddy70cc wrote:for $44.99?? GTS H-1 for a bulb?? feel anything hit ya in the back of the head when ya ordered that?
I can see some owners of scoots with little beep-beep horns saying something similar to any of their fellow same-type scoot owners who go out and spend money to buy a Stebel Air Horn.

The bulbs should be purchased and installed especially by riders who own black scooters. Do you not value your life?