dr pulley sliders

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello skully93:

Would you share with me details of the cdi & coil you put in your scooter that made a postive difference. I understand these devices have rev limiters in them.

I am thinking of doing the same as you did.

Thanks
Richard
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Richard,

I bought the Bando CDI/coil from Autotech3355 on ebay. There's a how to thread in the tech library with pictures, and that made it a snap.

It didn't make it go super fast or anything, but it does advance the timing. Tocsik and a few others have had the mod for multiple years without issue, and it ended up being @ $40.

It only works on the 125+ models. if you look in my fuelly that's the extend of my mods.
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

I recently put 11g sliders in my 125, and I have less speed all around: slower up hill, slower acceleration from a stop, and slower top speed.

When I installed the sliders I also put a new belt on. Everything else is stock.

I also have about 16500 miles on my scooter. Might the clutch springs be too worn? Any other ideas about the decreased performance?

Thanks!

Edit: I suppose I should take a look at the condition of my clutch pads & bell.
rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello GoldScott:BuddyLand:

I also got 16,500 miles on my 125, 17,700 + to be more exact.

I put on my 12g Dr. Pulley Sliders and there is no difference in performance. It is unusual to me you got worse performance.

You put on the right size belt correct? 743-20-30? or 743-20-28?

Rick71454
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

When I put the sliders in I also installed a new belt, 743x20x30 (PL-30707). It's not a kevlar belt though, just some cheap off-brand I think. I threw away the packaging when I installed it, but I'll go take a picture of it this weekend when I open up the transmission case.
rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello GoldScott:BuddyLand:

You got the correct size belt, but what about the size of your Dr. Pulley Sliders....they 18X14MM right? Smaller than that, you would have lower speed all around.

IN fact I may try some 20X12MM to see if that increases speed. I would likely be the first to do that on a Buddy.

Some people recommended I don't because they are 2MM short in width. So I may do some kind of modification to make it work, such as add 3900 lbs strength epoxy to the side of the slider making it a 20X14MM. If I do this, I will let BuddyLand know what happened.

Rick71454
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

goldscott wrote:I recently put 11g sliders in my 125, and I have less speed all around: slower up hill, slower acceleration from a stop, and slower top speed...
I'd like to know what you find out. My experience with the 11g sliders on an otherwise stock Buddy 125 is a little more "snap" off the line, a little higher sustained cruising RPM's, and a slightly higher top gear ratio. Basically, a little better acceleration, a little better on hills, and no difference in top speed.
C'mon, sko sko sko!