Washing Corazzo Jackets; trouble pulling out back armor.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Washing Corazzo Jackets; trouble pulling out back armor.

Post by Portland_Rider »

I just bought the Corazzo Men's Speedway Jacket.

The tag says ok to machine wash cold water. I can easily pull-out the elbow and shoulder armor. The back armor is proving difficult to pull-out and I'm concerned about damaging the armor or the jacket. I'm assuming that we are supposed to pull out all the armor before washing. Am I wrong? Is it ok to wash Corazzo with the armor in the jacket? Is it ok to bend the back armor in trying to remove it?

I'm Not calling over to Corazzo today as I know the Corazzo staff is very busy and occupied right now getting ready for a weekend dealer show.
skibum

Post by skibum »

Washed my 5.0 twice in the past year, the back armor is a pain, but I folded it in to get it out of the pocket with minimal effort (particularly the 2nd time). Don't wash it with the armor in...
Portland_Rider

Post by Portland_Rider »

skibum wrote:Washed my 5.0 twice in the past year, the back armor is a pain, but I folded it in to get it out of the pocket with minimal effort (particularly the 2nd time). Don't wash it with the armor in...
Thank you for your reply and correct advice.

Since no one had earlier replied to me, I also emailed Corazzo. Brandon the owner replied about folding the back armor's two wings over a bit and then to pull out the piece itself. It worked. Brandon also wrote not to leave the armor in it during the wash. I figured as much but initially wasn't sure if by bending the armor to pull it out if I would defrom it.

My jacket is currently washing away.
paige

Post by paige »

Why are you washing your jacket? Does it smell funny? Like most outerwear, the Corazzo is washable, but it is not necessary to wash it like laundry. Just curious.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

ppsssssst—it's Bradford!

If you're concerned about waterproofing, try washing the jacket in Nikwax.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Portland_Rider

Post by Portland_Rider »

Paige,

I'm washing it because it is brand new. Many clothes are treated with unhealthy dangerous chemicals as part of the various stages of the manufacturing process. Simply a cold wash and hang dry makes it a bit more wearable for people.

Eric,

Thanks for the correction re Bradford. And thanks for the Nikwax link. Campmor is a great outdoor supplier. I live in Portland so waterproofing is important.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Most good outfitters have the Nikwax as well.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I threw my corazzo max in the washing machine. I did not take the armor out and the jacket was fine. The armor was pretty askew though, and it took some manuvering to get it right again. I probably should get some of that waterproofing stuff since I do wear it in the rain.