Scooter Race Driver POV

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

Scooter Race Driver POV

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Weird crop to the video, but man, does this look like fun... :+!:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/63Z9YMekOJ0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/63Z9YMekOJ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

awesome. :D :twisted:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Great video of the 2008 BSSO race, but I wanted to see if the POV guy caught up with the guy in front of him! He did some awsome outside passes and you could tell he had a fast scoot. Wish we had more scooter racing here in the U.S.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
kmtscoot

Post by kmtscoot »

Cool!
2008 Buddy 125 (sold)
2009 SYM RV250
1963 Karmann Ghia
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

love driver pov videos that was awesome
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Thats an awesome video, fun to see scooter racing.

I've often thought that would be a fun thing to try, we've got a local track that does motorcycle racing often(Portland International Raceway) and scooter racing would be fun there as well :)
kneil67@yahoo.com

Post by kneil67@yahoo.com »

Kaos wrote:Thats an awesome video, fun to see scooter racing.

I've often thought that would be a fun thing to try, we've got a local track that does motorcycle racing often(Portland International Raceway) and scooter racing would be fun there as well :)
go cart tracks
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:

go cart tracks
Ohh, gocart tracks would probably work too if you used the bigger ones.
iMoses

Re: Scooter Race Driver POV

Post by iMoses »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Weird crop to the video,
the reason the crop is odd is because the camera was mounted on it's side. the video had to be re-oriented 90 degrees, so that we could view it.

I learn that the hard way.... I ruined a nice little video I took a few years back...
Portland_Rider
Location: Free Territory of the Pacific Northwest (Kalifornia refugee)

Post by Portland_Rider »

Kaos wrote:
kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:

go cart tracks
Ohh, gocart tracks would probably work too if you used the bigger ones.
Here's a cool Youtube video of a four-wheel ATV using Vee-Rubber tires tearing up some unpaved backroads.

"Vee Rubber Venom Racing 2 Tires And DWT EVO Wheels Ride Review"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xvK-rYRVwc
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

There is a fair amount of teching that needs to be done before they'll let you on a track. Basically, anything that hangs off of the bike needs to be removed. That would include mirrors, kick starter, side stand, center stand, most likely rear rack if yo have a metal one, plus I think you have to have those fold away brake levers. Sure does look like a blast though.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

djelliott wrote:

There is a fair amount of teching that needs to be done before they'll let you on a track. Basically, anything that hangs off of the bike needs to be removed. That would include mirrors, kick starter, side stand, center stand, most likely rear rack if yo have a metal one, plus I think you have to have those fold away brake levers. Sure does look like a blast though.
That doesn't really surprise me. I had to do a ton of work to my 70 Plymouth to make it track ready.
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

kneil67@yahoo.com wrote:

go cart tracks

you got me hooked on 13mordeth's damn vlog. :lol: i think he has a few vids at a go kart track also. i would be a lot of fun to try. make you a better scooter pilot for sure. how maneuverable is my ride? you could find out on a track for sure.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR