NYC Scooter Hipsters

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rondothemidget

NYC Scooter Hipsters

Post by rondothemidget »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/oh_s ... raRIzEQa6O
"Hipster" scooterists in New York have kicked it up a notch in attempts to avoid parking tickets. At first they removed the license plate. Now they remove the VIN. So I don't know what to take from this article. I'm either cool because I drive a scooter or I'm not hip since I leave mine on.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Wow, I'm surprised that anyone would think this was a good idea. I would expect them to tow my scoot too....
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

There really should be motorcycle and scooter dedicated parking in New York. I never park on the sidewalk, but I would be very tempted there. Have seen many a car get bumped on a regular basis there, just in daily parking. I would be deadly afraid to park in a regular parking space in Manhattan (my scooter that is).
easy

Post by easy »

if u removed the vin could you prove that its not stolen?
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

What you have to remember here is that NYC has got their traffic ideas totally ass-backwards, and instead of encouraging scooters, mopeds, motorcycles, (and even bicycles) to help eliminate some of the city's vast traffic congestion and pollution problems, the authorities instead go to war with two wheels owners with policies that are designed to do everything possible to hurt them and discourage the riding of such vehicles in the city!! :roll:

Talk about backward and stupid policies; you have no idea....! :evil:
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
enzomatic

Post by enzomatic »

they do encourage bicycling, some of the best multilane roads for getting around town have gotten bike lanes, they are even doing a novel thing that's popular in europe and putting the bike lane on the other side of parked cars than traffic. Scooter/ MC laws are aweful though, but who follows them. Have you ever seen the no honking policy enforced?

Also in my cousin's neighborhood I was suprised by how many Stella's I saw, there were a ton! I did notice many without plates, that's also for getting past tolls and red light cameras.
Looking for ppl to ride with in LA.