NBR - "Motorcycle" traffic jam

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

slrn

NBR - "Motorcycle" traffic jam

Post by slrn »

Almost looks like they're heading off to a scoot rally - & I'm sure there's a motorcycle or two in there somewhere :wink:

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx ... ic-jam.htm
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

crazy...............
so tough, so pink
Major Redneck

Post by Major Redneck »

maybe there is a clutch and some topend gears that well fit a Rattler in there somewhere...
Scoot'in is more fun than beating up your sister, and it comes with a key!!!
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

that jam is cool, unless you're in the middle of it.

The best scooter story I've heard comes from Hanoi, Vietnam. At night, the scooter trash race through the city streets, with the cops shooting their pistols randomly into the packs of scooters. Boredom knows no political affiliation.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

rsrider wrote:that jam is cool, unless you're in the middle of it.

The best scooter story I've heard comes from Hanoi, Vietnam. At night, the scooter trash race through the city streets, with the cops shooting their pistols randomly into the packs of scooters. Boredom knows no political affiliation.
From what I've read, many Vietnamise scooterists ride sans licenses and insurance. And if you watch videos of Vietnam traffic patterns, they seem to all filter thru cross intersections willy-nilly, as the mood hits them! :shock:

It all looks and sounds like fun, until you also read that Vietnam has the higest rate of traffic accident fatalities per capita than any nation in the world!! :(
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Drumwoulf wrote:
rsrider wrote:that jam is cool, unless you're in the middle of it.

From what I've read, many Vietnamise scooterists ride sans licenses and insurance. And if you watch videos of Vietnam traffic patterns, they seem to all filter thru cross intersections willy-nilly, as the mood hits them! :shock:

It all looks and sounds like fun, until you also read that Vietnam has the higest rate of traffic accident fatalities per capita than any nation in the world!! :(
I remember riding in 'cyclos' in Saigon. They were tadpole trikes, motorcycles, not bicycles. That's right, 2 wheels and the passenger seat up front. Driver was behind and they mostly drove like everyone else, maniacs. Traffic lights were just to prove who had the biggest cajones and I believe it had to be the passengers who freely rode in these things. What you say about crossing intersections willy nilly is true. Disney rides had nothing on those guys!