First Buddy Ticket

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootStevie

First Buddy Ticket

Post by ScootStevie »

So I got my first street sweeping ticket today on the buddy. The kicker, the the city of Long Beach printed on my ticket "Buddy 1 Moped". :shock: They know it's a buddy, then why don't they know its a scoot? :lol:
tshall

Post by tshall »

My first ticket was last week. I parked with the other Buddys at work, but got a "licenced vehicle chained to bike rack" cite. I guess the 50ccs are allowed there, but not my massive 125cc.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

tshall wrote:My first ticket was last week. I parked with the other Buddys at work, but got a "licenced vehicle chained to bike rack" cite. I guess the 50ccs are allowed there, but not my massive 125cc.
Ahh, thats lame. I wish they would change the laws on that so we could park there too. The 50's are the same size. :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: First Buddy Ticket

Post by ericalm »

ScootStevie wrote:So I got my first street sweeping ticket today on the buddy. The kicker, the the city of Long Beach printed on my ticket "Buddy 1 Moped". :shock: They know it's a buddy, then why don't they know its a scoot? :lol:
You park on the street? Brave!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

Oh literally from street sweeping! I thought you meant like a California roll, but with one foot skimming the pavement.
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

I had a scare a few weeks ago. I got to work and realized I left my laptop charger at home. So I went back home, and not wanting to pull into my garage parked on the sidewalk while I dashed up to get the charger.

When I came back down, there was a DPT officer writing a ticket! It took me a moment to realize that she wasn't writing it for me, but for the car that was parked on the street despite the prominent sign stating that parking was not allowed there that day because of street cleaning.
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

what is street sweeping?
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I got my only ticket for speeing through a school zone (I missed seeing the flashing light) and contributed a pretty penny to the state! The cop was a good, thoughtful dude though. He wrote me up, but was very professional in his job.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

yeauxkneauxit wrote:what is street sweeping?
Street sweeping is a way for the city to bend you over for $47 for a machine to go by and throw up all the trash in the gutter into your lawn. :P
tshall

Post by tshall »

Kaos wrote:
tshall wrote:My first ticket was last week. I parked with the other Buddys at work, but got a "licenced vehicle chained to bike rack" cite. I guess the 50ccs are allowed there, but not my massive 125cc.
Ahh, thats lame. I wish they would change the laws on that so we could park there too. The 50's are the same size. :roll:
Yeah, that kind of ticked me off too. I thought about trying leaving it next to the bike rack but not chained to it, just to see what happened, but I have better things to spend $25 on. Also, it's been raining and nasty for the last 2 weeks.
yeauxkneauxit

Post by yeauxkneauxit »

sorry, thought that was some sweet riding move that i'm missing out on
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Awww... I was kinda hoping you got a speeding ticket! :P
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

dakotamouse wrote:Awww... I was kinda hoping you got a speeding ticket! :P
I've gotten one of those on my Buddy.... 76 in a 55 :(

And it was on my birthday too....
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Kaos wrote:

Paying the ticket must have sucked........but the look on the faces of the cars passing by must have been priceless!? :roll:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

dakotamouse wrote:
Kaos wrote:

Paying the ticket must have sucked........but the look on the faces of the cars passing by must have been priceless!? :roll:
The look on the face of the judge in traffic court was the best. He actually asked me if that was a mistake. I was good and said, "No, thats correct your honor."
ScootStevie

Post by ScootStevie »

Kaos wrote:
dakotamouse wrote:
Kaos wrote: I've gotten one of those on my Buddy.... 76 in a 55 :(

The look on the face of the judge in traffic court was the best. He actually asked me if that was a mistake. I was good and said, "No, thats correct your honor."
You should have told his "Your honor, at least I wasn't doing 88 mph" :lol:
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Kaos wrote:
dakotamouse wrote:
Kaos wrote: I've gotten one of those on my Buddy.... 76 in a 55 :(

Fast but honest, your Honor!!!!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

ScootStevie wrote:
Kaos wrote:
dakotamouse wrote: Paying the ticket must have sucked........but the look on the faces of the cars passing by must have been priceless!? :roll:
You should have told his "Your honor, at least I wasn't doing 88 mph" :lol:
Heh, while funny I don't want to push my luck quite THAT much :P
TVB

Post by TVB »

yeauxkneauxit wrote:what is street sweeping?
This is what it looks like around here. :)
goldscott

Post by goldscott »

I'll bring back another thread from the dead.

Got my first speeding ticket on Buddy today, going 49 in a 30. I was following a motorcycle who was going just as fast as me, but the cop pulled me over because I was closer to him (i.e. I was behind the motorcycle).

$147.
Raiderfn31

Post by Raiderfn31 »

goldscott wrote:I'll bring back another thread from the dead.

Got my first speeding ticket on Buddy today, going 49 in a 30. I was following a motorcycle who was going just as fast as me, but the cop pulled me over because I was closer to him (i.e. I was behind the motorcycle).

$147.
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"When your lawyer looks at you like you deserve whats coming, you may begin to sweat."
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Someone I know from Facebook got speeding ticket: he was having too much fun on his Stella and got nailed by speed camera. At least they sent him a picture of him on his bike speeding
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
TVB

Post by TVB »

Stormswift wrote:Someone I know from Facebook got speeding ticket: he was having too much fun on his Stella and got nailed by speed camera. At least they sent him a picture of him on his bike speeding
Something I'd cherish... right along with the newspaper picture of me getting arrested while celebrating a sports championship, and the videotape of my appearance on Cops. ;)
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Hehehehe. .... Best episode of My Name is Earl: "Our COPS Is On!"
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0pPtgIY6CbI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
SuperFlyBuddy

Post by SuperFlyBuddy »

I find it annoying that cops typically pull over the "easiest" vehicle when there is a group speeding together. The person in front is setting the pace, pull them over!
Ressikan

Post by Ressikan »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote:I find it annoying that cops typically pull over the "easiest" vehicle when there is a group speeding together. The person in front is setting the pace, pull them over!
+1 Amen to that brutha!
"You haven't lived until you ride."

"Everything is better with bacon."

TVB

Post by TVB »

SuperFlyBuddy wrote:I find it annoying that cops typically pull over the "easiest" vehicle when there is a group speeding together. The person in front is setting the pace, pull them over!
Once when I was pulled over for speeding I was tempted to raise an eyebrow and comment "It is not logical to cite me for speeding, rather than the vehicle in front of me which must have been travelling even faster than I was." But cops don't like Vulcans.
Dibber

Post by Dibber »

I got two parking tickets from one our the Rent-a-Cops at work for parking in those yellowed areas at the end of the parking lot. It amazes me that some people think I shouldn't get a parking space for just my scooter, but then complain when I park in the yellow end caps. Just cannot satisfy people at work anymore. I was also trailed by a police officer when I blew by him at 45+ in a 30. Four blocks later he turned and let me go.
Bart "This is the worst day of my life!" Homer "No it's the worst day so far!"
www.twincitiesrider.com
TVB

Post by TVB »

Situations vary, but sometimes those sections with yellow lines are put there because those need to be kept clear, not just because they don't want a car there. Next to a handicapper space, they're for the ramps that wheelchair users need. In other spots they may be necessary to allow an adequate turning radius for those gas-sucking behemoths which are allowed to use our roads and parking lots. Bottom line is that the yellow lines means "don't park here", so even if - as far as you can tell - no harm would come from you parking there, they did warn you not to.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

I got a ticket for "5 miles above the speed limit"
Actuality, 11 miles above the speed limit and running 2 stop signs - DOH!

I recognize and understand that the LEO gave me a break
:)