Prima pipe, worth getting?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

r0sa

Prima pipe, worth getting?

Post by r0sa »

hey fellow buddys,

I just got an email from scooterworks on there sales and they now have the prima pipe for only $159, that's pretty much a $40 discount.

I need yall's opinion on this, is it worth getting? I remember reading on the forums how some of you guys had one and it broke somewhere along the way, mine broke a WHILE back and just thought mine was the bad batch.

I don't want to spend $159 on an exhaust and not have it last, so please help me decide if its even worth getting the primas now
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

If you had one before, and went back to stock without noticing much difference.... I'd say it comes down to cosmetics and sound.

From what I have read, all the ones that failed, were replaced under warranty. And I think rumor has it that they are working on a new design to fix the issue.

I like mine :wink:
cadillaczac

Post by cadillaczac »

I love mine, and put the thing through major abuse, and it's held up fine. I noticed a gain in torque with the Prima pipe and also love the fact that now cars hear me instead of coming into my lane.
Ventures Scooter Crew
Ventura County
www.camarollersscooterclub.blogspot.com
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

They have a noticable torque increase, and if you ever plan on doing other mods a pipe is a must. I love the look and sound of mine.

I'm also on my third. The upper bracket weld was bad on a batch, and it broke in exactly the same spot on mine. Scooterworks was awesome and warrantied them out quickly and without fuss.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

yeah, when i had mine, there was an increase in power, now that im riding with the stock, i miss it, i think i will give it a second chance. i hope it doesn't break on me

thanks guys for ya'lls inputs :D
paige

Post by paige »

Yes.
Love mine, the (possibly imaginary?) power boost and the low growliness. Mine hasn't broke (yet), but I only have about 2000 miles on it.
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

im SO excited now, im ordering my pipe tomorrow and maybe i'll upgrade to the dr pulley sliders while im at it :D