Buddy International Pricing

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

hecubus185

Buddy International Pricing

Post by hecubus185 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this is commonly discussed...although, I can't seem to find a whole on it.

Anyway, after doing plenty of homework and visiting a bunch of different dealers, I've decided to get a 2009 Buddy International 150 Pamplona. My "local" dealer (an hour away) seems to be offering a very good deal, but I just wanted to run it by all of you before I pull the trigger.

$2799 includes the scooter, setup, destination shipping and the Dressed For The Holidays accessories. PA sales tax, tags, and inspection will add another $306, giving me a total out the door price of $3,105.

I don't need the scooter right now because it's freezing here in PA...and I won't be putting any serious miles on it for a few more months until it gets warm. However, I feel like this is a pretty good deal and I want the accessories...so I'm thinking about just getting it now.

So here are my two main questions:

1) Will the 2009 scooters be even more heavily discounted once the 2010 models come in? I'm in no hurry, so I'd hate to pull the trigger too soon.

2) Are there any upgrades/fixes to the 2010 models that make them better than the 2009? Again, I'll wait until the spring if there are major improvements

Alright, this is getting lengthy so I'll stop. I appreciate any advice, suggestions, and help on the matter. And thanks for all the contributors to this web site, I've learned a lot from it over the past few weeks.

Take care
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

buy it now. that's a good price, and it'll only get more expensive as the weather gets better. and the dressed for the holidays think probably wont be around much longer.
mjm1374

Post by mjm1374 »

$3100 is excellent price, I'd agree, at least drop a deposit on it, as the weather turns warmer people start to think about riding more, the price will jump up.

also, I'm in Philly, I am still riding my Pamploma, ya just got to gear up and brace for the cold!
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Great OTD price.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

At that price I'd have bought it already.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Waiting will cost you a lot more. That's not even taking into consideration the "Dressed up" event that they extended. Bikes always sell for a lot less when it's not "riding weather" Winter's a great time to buy!

If you know you want a Buddy, and you can comfortably pay the price, then you're wasting your time reading any of these responses.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

Good price. The local dealer with the best prices, has them OTD for $3,200.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

BUY IT BABY!!!!!

You won't regret it, and as mentioned previously when it gets warmer the price will certainly go up.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: Buddy International Pricing

Post by ericalm »

No real changes coming to the Buddy lineup this year. I'm guessing that there may be some new colors or something like that, but I wouldn't expect those in the spring.

My guess is you may not get a better deal than this. Demand goes up in the spring, and dealers are less likely to offer discounts. As a rule, the '09s wouldn't be discounted further if there are no changes. However, this year's a little odd so it just varies by dealer and how much stock they have on hand. However, if they're still carrying a lot of '09 stock, they may just order fewer for '10.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MYSCTR

Re: Buddy International Pricing

Post by MYSCTR »

hecubus185 wrote:$2799 includes the scooter, setup, destination shipping and the Dressed For The Holidays accessories.

1) Will the 2009 scooters be even more heavily discounted once the 2010 models come in? I'm in no hurry, so I'd hate to pull the trigger too soon.

2) Are there any upgrades/fixes to the 2010 models that make them better than the 2009? Again, I'll wait until the spring if there are major improvements.
That bike out the door on the street in Dallas is close to 4K right now!

We purchased two NEW scooters this past Fall/Winter.

1) 2008 150 St. Tropez had to drive a 15 hour round trip yet walked away at $2,735 with chrome rear rack and top case plus taxes/tags/reg.

2) 2009 125 Red Buddy with all the trimmings (like yours) for $2630 delivered plus taxes/tags/reg.

Waiting for the 2009 prices to drop is a bad gamble as soon as the weather turns, they will go up in price is my guess.

We have no idea on the big changes yet looking at the past few years they have a great thing going - maybe not a need to make any sweeping changes right now and if you are buying a 2009, it is as good as it gets plus any sweeping changes will surely bring a jump in price.

Just our thoughts.
Sailboat13

good deal

Post by Sailboat13 »

That's a heck of lot less that I payed for my 2009. Where is this place, I'll fly up/down there and buy another one my darn self.
antares

Post by antares »

I bought my 09 Pomplona 150 last month in south jersey for $2907 out the door but didn't get the dressed for the holiday promotion. It was the last one they had left with 4 miles on it. When i got it home the bike would only hit 30mph. I found out the valves had to be adjusted, that's probably why it was so cheap.
paige

Post by paige »

antares wrote:I bought my 09 Pomplona 150 last month in south jersey for $2907 out the door but didn't get the dressed for the holiday promotion. It was the last one they had left with 4 miles on it. When i got it home the bike would only hit 30mph. I found out the valves had to be adjusted, that's probably why it was so cheap.
With only four miles on it, there is no way the dealer would know the valves needed adjusting. You got it cheap because they wanted to sell it.
hecubus185

Post by hecubus185 »

Hey everyone, I just wanted to thank you for all the info and suggestions. I decided to take your advice. I put a deposit down on a Pamplona on Saturday. They didn't have a 150 in stock so I'll have to wait a week or so until it gets in...but I'm pretty excited about it.

Also, turns out that you guys were right. The dealer told me that this was the cheapest he sells them all year. His prices will go up now through the spring since the demand will be increasing.

Btw, in case you're wondering, the dealership is called MPG Motors in Sellersville PA.

Thanks again!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Then you got a really good deal. Usually dealers put the heavy discounts on in stock bikes to clear them out. It sounds like you're getting one ordered for that price. I think you did pretty well. Enjoy it!
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
mr bill

Post by mr bill »

Hello Hicubus185,

I got my orange Stella from Pat Yearick
over at MPG motors, a great place to
buy a scooter. Best of luck with your new ride.

Cheers, Bill.