Took a scooter to work today!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rajron

Post by rajron »

The Sand Hill Cranes are flying about by the hundreds, circling and looking for thermos, heading north; not a cloud in the sky its as blue as can be, able to see for hundreds of miles – life is good again.
iMoses

Re: Took a scooter to work today!

Post by iMoses »

rajron wrote:... looking for thermos ...
I guess they need hot coffee for their trip...
oh I get it.. thermals... as in hot air...
which I am full of...

:)
TVB

Post by TVB »

I'm picking out a thermal for you,
Not an ordinary thermal for you,
But the extra best thermal that you can buy...
:clown:
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

Awesome! So some of the indicator populations are starting to migrate again? :clap: I'll be on the lookout down here when I'm not watching the road or stuck in my cave of a studio. :D Much as I love winter, I've about had it with roads that aren't scooter-able. :x
rajron

Post by rajron »

oh man I dont know how to spell
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

TVB wrote:I'm picking out a thermal for you,
Not an ordinary thermal for you,
But the extra best thermal that you can buy...
With stripes and a cup built right in! :P

I got me a thermos, it has a gorilla on it.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Not to hijack, but Krusty, I'm liking the lid on your bottle. What brand is that?

Oh, and we are still dead in the middle of winter here. It is beginning to thaw but we literally got feet of snow the last few weeks, so it is going to take a while before my driveway is even close to clean enough to consider a ride. ( I ran out of places to put the snow)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

I've been in love with the weather this week... For some bizarre reason its suddenly been sunny and 60 in Portland. All the plants are flowering, everyone is outside.... I've been tuning up and upgrading again.... All the signs that summer is on it's way! :P
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Kaos wrote:I've been in love with the weather this week... For some bizarre reason its suddenly been sunny and 60 in Portland. All the plants are flowering, everyone is outside.... I've been tuning up and upgrading again.... All the signs that summer is on it's way! :P
I hate you :wink:
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

bluebuddygirl wrote:
Kaos wrote:I've been in love with the weather this week... For some bizarre reason its suddenly been sunny and 60 in Portland. All the plants are flowering, everyone is outside.... I've been tuning up and upgrading again.... All the signs that summer is on it's way! :P
If it makes you feel better, it was 28 degrees on the ride in this morning... Granted its supposed to be 60 this afternoon :P
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Kaos wrote:
bluebuddygirl wrote:
If it makes you feel better, it was 28 degrees on the ride in this morning... Granted its supposed to be 60 this afternoon :P
Sounds like North Florida weather. Windy and in the 30s in the morning, often up to the 60s later in the day. Much cooler this year, high temps lately in the 40s and 50s until the last couple days.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Kaos wrote:
bluebuddygirl wrote:
Actually, the only thing that gets me through this time of year (in terms of riding) is living vicariously through the rest of you. I like snow, but I miss my scooter, and my motorcycle, and seeing the ground. :)
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

bluebuddygirl wrote:
Kaos wrote:
bluebuddygirl wrote: I hate you :wink:
Actually, the only thing that gets me through this time of year (in terms of riding) is living vicariously through the rest of you. I like snow, but I miss my scooter, and my motorcycle, and seeing the ground. :)
I'll take an extra spin around the city tomorrow just for you then ;)

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last sunny day for a while before going back to rain and 30's. :(
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Kaos wrote:
Tomorrow is supposed to be the last sunny day for a while before going back to rain and 30's. :(
Man, I would ride in the rain tonight. Right this very minute!!

We keep getting snow just as the roads clear from the previous snow :cry: .

I'm jones'n for a ride!!!!!

OK, maybe not at night in the rain. Not on purpose, anyway.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Tocsik wrote:
Kaos wrote:
Man, I would ride in the rain tonight. Right this very minute!!

We keep getting snow just as the roads clear from the previous snow :cry: .

I'm jones'n for a ride!!!!!

OK, maybe not at night in the rain. Not on purpose, anyway.
Ohh, I ride in the rain, at night, and in the rain at night all the time. I just got spoiled by a weekend that felt like spring and don't want to go back to cold and rainy yet.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

bluebuddygirl wrote:Not to hijack, but Krusty, I'm liking the lid on your bottle. What brand is that?
It's "ROHO" by Thermos. I like it a lot! It's a bit too tall for the front compartment of the Buddy, especially with the Gen-U-Bin. Otherwise I keep it in my seat and it will fit nicely in the P200 glovebox. The lid is awesome, it can easily be opened and closed with one hand.... I got it @ Target.
Perkussion

Post by Perkussion »

Would it still be too tall if you removed the GEN-U-BIN's medium drink holder insert
and just used the opening to keep it upright?