I'd like to strangle that fn groundhog!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeachBuzz

I'd like to strangle that fn groundhog!!

Post by BeachBuzz »

Were finally getting some RAIN in the NE. Very nice all day event to wash the salt/sand/crap off the streets and melt whats left of the compacted snow/ice. There was a brief glimmer of hope that I could get back on 2 wheels by the end of the week and now they're calling for more snow Thursday/Friday. Somebody needs to make a hat outta that rodent :twisted:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

:rofl:

We're suffering a little down here as our weather is somewhat colder than usual but nothing like you guys. But I gotta say, you have a great way of stating your frustration. :lol:

Spring will be that much more beautiful and welcome.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

Almost a dozen species of spring flowers have bloomed here on the CA central coast in the past couple of weeks. We will get more rain, but spring is here. It takes a while for the roads to dry though, so I haven't been out as much as I'd like. It's only Feb., so things are looking good for a nice riding season.

I bought a 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R in January, because of the killer deals they're having right now (and the fact that I was totally done with my Triumph Daytona 650 and looking for any reason to chuck it), and I'm pretty stoked about getting out on this state of the art MC and ripping it up. MMMM, technology.........
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

that's right - rub it in!! go ride your cowadoggie thru the flowers, I'll get my shovel ready :cry:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Seems to me like running it over would be a more fitting end. :twisted:
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Watch it guys, conversations like this inevitably lead to the pitter-patter of the PETA-pixies.

BTW: Are groundhogs reasonably edible? I've got a couple that occasionally make digging forays into my yard and was wondering how they'd turn out in a cacciatore.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Everything's edible. Toxicity and taste of course not-withstanding. Also, some things are hard to chew.

Seasoning is everything!
Vic

Post by Vic »

Central Ohio checking in. It is a mess here and if you want to set up a posse to hut that furball down, I am in!

I hurt my shoulder and I have had to deal with recordbreaking snowfall in February and the inability to shovel it for myself! Talk about feeling even more helpless!

I am so happy to see February winding down!

Now to get rid of the snow, and get new gutters on my house to replace the ones that the 12' long icicles pulled off before my basement floods!

Please hurry up and get here, Spring!
Winter has worn out it's welcome.
-v
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Believe it was last week when I heard it on the tube,first time in recorded history 49 of the 50 states had snow on the ground.Only Hawaii did not have snow.It's been a doozy for sure this winter.
Aerosmith, None Other.
rajron

Post by rajron »

BeachBuzz;
If you need help holding that little bugger down while you work on him; just give me a ring.
Though; the weather man was wrong here, he said snow, not; we have full sun but @ 40°F
Vic

Post by Vic »

I was talking to a lady on the phone at work today and she suddenly squeaked with great excitement, "Oh look, it's snowing! Yay!" :clap: :clap: :clap:

After I got up off the floor I asked here where the heck she is...

San Antonio.

I told her that up here we say with great sarcasm tempered by not-insignificant amounts of disgust, "Oh look, :scream: it's snowing... :sigh: Yay! :cry: "

-v
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Lostmycage wrote:Everything's edible. Toxicity and taste of course not-withstanding. Also, some things are hard to chew.

Seasoning is everything!
:rofl: :rofl:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Lemme at him. I am seriously contemplating cruelty to that particular critter. They are mentioning possibility of snow here too maybe end of week. And I know where weatherman lives (right across the street from me). Someone, catch the critter, I will deliver him to the weatherman and the 2 of them can have a chat about predicting snow. I've been getting psyched out about putting battery back in, dragging Dobby out of hibernation and now they are saying snow? Who do I complain to? Who is in charge?
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

BRING ME THE HEAD OF PUNXSUTAWNEY PHIL :x
ModBud #442
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Looks like someone ratted us out.
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

Nothing unites a group like a common enemy. :D It rained all day yesterday, even poured, but we still have about 9 inches of snow on the grassy areas and some not shoveled sidewalks.
iwabj

Post by iwabj »

oops
Last edited by iwabj on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I killed a groundhog once. Ran over him. On my bicycle.

I was wearing a helmet, and landed in the tall grass along the side of the road (where he'd been hiding before he jumped in front of me), so I got away with just some scrapes, bruises, and a shoulder I couldn't use for a few weeks. Never did find my glasses. But I came out of it better than he did.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

The widow, Mrs. Hog got your glasses :lol: As compensation for vehicular homicide of her dearly beloved Mr. Hog and to make sure that with glasses on she can see you coming.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

i say we pass the hat and take a hit out on that rodent
all we need is a few bags of cat food and i can send a couple of mangy barn cats with attitude problems to work him over good
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Just grab him and run!

(Warning: this scenario may not end well.)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Don't drive angry!
bluebuddygirl

Post by bluebuddygirl »

It's snowing again, supposedly for the next three days.

I'm in.
jmkjr72

Post by jmkjr72 »

what to do with the rodent after we wack him you know we cant leave a body around as evidence

===================================

Oriental Groundhog

Recipe By: Hunters Information Service

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
1 Ground hog
2 quarts Water
1/4 cup Salt
1/2 cup Soy sauce
2 cloves Garlic whole
1 Naga Jolokia pepper whole
1/4 Onion
2 tablespoon Uncle Steve's Mild Chile powder
1/4 bunch Parsley whole
4 Beef bouillon cubes
1/4 teaspoon Freshly-ground white pepper
1 cup Beef or chicken broth
Teriyaki glaze

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cut meat into serving pieces and soak in 1 quart water and salt
for 3 hours. Transfer meat to 1 quart clear water and soak 4
hours. Drain and dry meat. Place meat in a baking pan with beef
broth, soy sauce, garlic cloves, Naga Jolokia pepper, onion, Mild Chile powder,
parsley, bouillon cubes and white pepper. Cover and bake at 350
degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Baste frequently. Brush with
teriyaki glaze while cooking.
z 2008 zuma 50
olive 2008 setlla
1979 tomos
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I can use warm furry hand protectors for riding in the cold. NO one will ever know :twisted:
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

Stormswift wrote:I can use warm furry hand protectors for riding in the cold. NO one will ever know :twisted:
now that's an idea I can can get on board with :idea:
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

TVB wrote:I killed a groundhog once. Ran over him. On my bicycle.

I was wearing a helmet, and landed in the tall grass along the side of the road (where he'd been hiding before he jumped in front of me), so I got away with just some scrapes, bruises, and a shoulder I couldn't use for a few weeks. Never did find my glasses. But I came out of it better than he did.
OMG! I thought I was the only one who ever ran over a groundhog on a bicycle! Luckily both the groundhog and myself were unhurt, but the little guy was pretty pissed off. He was laying flat in the grass very close to the sidewalk and just darted right between my front and rear tire. Felt like a large speed bump :shock:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
laxer

Post by laxer »

C'mon now y'all, don't worry about the winter and snow, just throw something like this down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8T3gA8PAH0

It's gotta be a ton of fun!
TVB

Post by TVB »

jasondavis48108 wrote:OMG! I thought I was the only one who ever ran over a groundhog on a bicycle! Luckily both the groundhog and myself were unhurt, but the little guy was pretty pissed off. He was laying flat in the grass very close to the sidewalk and just darted right between my front and rear tire. Felt like a large speed bump :shock:
Must be something about the Michigan breed of groundhog that makes them play games with bicycles like this.