<3 motorcycle cops

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

digital-entropy

<3 motorcycle cops

Post by digital-entropy »

Funny story some of you might appreciate it. Well, I suppose your level of appreciation will vary depending on your tendency towards violating traffic laws.

About a week ago I was headed up 2nd street in San Francisco going towards Market. I got to Folsom and almost made it through the light but I knew I'd be cutting it close so I came to a hard stop. Just then one of the black towncars used by the fancier hotels to shuttle their rich patrons around switched into the parking lane to my left and floored it through a solidly red light. I instinctively throw up my hand because it was such a dangerous move for the driver to make.

Headed downtown on Folsom (the street I was not in) were three motorcycle cops who evidently saw my gesture of WTF. Two of them make eye contact with one another, nod, then flip on their lights and go after the guy. As I got a green and approached one signaled for me to slow down, then asked "Was that red for you?" When I told him it was he flipped on his siren and pulled the guy over on Howard.

Made my day. Usually the police around here are lax on traffic laws, so I suspect the fact that I was on 2 wheels had something to do with it.
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

way to go, narc
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

:clap: :mrgreen:
maribell

Post by maribell »

Running red lights at high speeds (it is another thing if you causally drift through when you are caught in traffic) is a big no-no here. So is tailgating. The cops here are allowed to pull people over for pretty much any sort of aggressive driving behavior if they want to.[/list]
digital-entropy

Post by digital-entropy »

JSharpPhoto wrote:way to go, narc
frak you asshole, someone nearly hit me and all you do is call me a narc?
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I think you will find you are in the minority on this one.

I sincerely hope you are not hit and killed by a cager doing this. We all need to keep idiots like this off the road.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

digital-entropy wrote:
Am I the only one who thought JSharpPhoto was making a joke? Maybe I'm naive. :?
ModBud #442
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

polianarchy wrote:
digital-entropy wrote:
Am I the only one who thought JSharpPhoto was making a joke? Maybe I'm naive. :?
No.
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

As far as the narc comment: This made me think of the FIDO...whatever it's called when a word stands for several. "Forget It Drive On". Except it should be "Forget It Ride On"...which would be FIRO. Which sounds like engrish...which makes it FILO. Forget It...Live On? In a 'round-the-elbow way works. 8) Heh...my screwy trains of thought. Scooters of thought? Watch out for squirrels!! :lol:

Good on ya, OP. That's my input. Now I'm going for a ride. :wink:
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

yes it was a joke. calm down.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

JSharpPhoto wrote:yes it was a joke. calm down.
Sorry. It wasn't phunnee.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
lmyers

Post by lmyers »

Tocsik wrote:
JSharpPhoto wrote:yes it was a joke. calm down.
Sorry. It wasn't phunnee.
Sorry. I laughed.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Meanwhile, back on the topic... it is great that the Cops were paying attention and rose to the occasion. Hooray for them. Satisfying indeed!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
SFJess

Post by SFJess »

That's pretty interesting. I've lived in the city for two years, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone get pulled over, ha.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

Way to go, D-bag

I'm joking too, or am I :shock:
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

haha
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
thehypercube

Post by thehypercube »

wish i had a narc around when i was hit and subsequently faulted by sfpd
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

too all of those that think i'm insensitive, or whatever...

i've been hit by someone trying to run a red light. my wife, following behind me. the light turned yellow, i knew she couldn't make it through, so I stopped. She stopped about halfway through my rear wheel. The scooter shot out from under me and went skidding into the intersection. I ended up sprawled out on her hood. talk about making a bad situation worse, did i mention that it was MY WIFE!!!. Not only did I have to drive 80% of a scooter home, i had to sit on the couch and console my wife who thought she'd almost made herself a widow.

so i guess i have a sense of humor about it. you kind of have to. if you're not willing to take the risks associated with scooters, then stay in your car.

to everyone that thought my joke was funny, glad you enjoyed it.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

JSharpPhoto wrote:too all of those that think i'm insensitive, or whatever...

i've been hit by someone trying to run a red light. my wife, following behind me. the light turned yellow, i knew she couldn't make it through, so I stopped. She stopped about halfway through my rear wheel. The scooter shot out from under me and went skidding into the intersection. I ended up sprawled out on her hood. talk about making a bad situation worse, did i mention that it was MY WIFE!!!. Not only did I have to drive 80% of a scooter home, i had to sit on the couch and console my wife who thought she'd almost made herself a widow.

so i guess i have a sense of humor about it. you kind of have to. if you're not willing to take the risks associated with scooters, then stay in your car.

I did laugh at your joke, I also laughed about what happened to you so....
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

ScooterTrash wrote:

I did laugh at your joke, I also laughed about what happened to you so....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WOW! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that was awesome
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

i won't tell my wife that you laughed at that, she's still a bit touchy on the subject. i'm glad there are others that can find the humor in it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

If the following are true:
1. You weren't seriously or permanently hurt.
2. You weren't financially crippled.
3. You are still married (and if not, the accident didn't have a part in the split).

That story is hilarious.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
JSharpPhoto

Post by JSharpPhoto »

all of the above. about $250 in new body panels... about 800 mg or ibuprofen, and 2 weeks of getting treated like a king (by my wife).

how many of us can say that they got "OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD" cookies?

double chocolate chip, my favorite.
paige

Post by paige »

I am glad they tagged the asshat in the Town Car. I watched my best friend get hit by a car on her scooter in that same intersection. Very scary. She is okay, but we are still pissed about the incident.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

all of the above. about $250 in new body panels... about 800 mg or ibuprofen, and 2 weeks of getting treated like a king (by my wife).

how many of us can say that they got "OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD" cookies?

double chocolate chip, my favorite.
Nice! Glad you're ok!

I found the "narc" comment humerous. I'm also glad the cops pulled the guy over!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

"how many of us can say that they got "OMG I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE NOT DEAD" cookies?
Not me, my wife's Sicilian.

I've got a metal detector built into the bedroom doorframe and I toss the place for shanks and shivs every two weeks. Daily homecomings look like a Clouseau/Kato retrospective.