Are these lights even connected?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

crackerman

Are these lights even connected?

Post by crackerman »

I've got a Buddy 125 completely disassembled and I've connected everything back up. Got two questions, where does this connect to?

And yes I shoulda labeled everything when I pulled it apart.

and are this front lights even connected? I don't see a connector for these?

db

Post by db »

Arent those the dead blinkers? They are not connected unless you do it yourself by tapping them into something. Someone on here sells an adapter to run them as running lights or blinkers. I have it and love it
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
BuddyLicious

Post by BuddyLicious »

Crackerman,

Just to clarify in the USA the Department Of Transportation mandates that all scooters have their turn signal lights up higher than the one's your asking about(dead lights) Most,maybe all other Countries use only the dead lights. So with the DOT mandate any scooter entering the US has to be fitted with the upper lights,so the manufacture simply leaves the dead light wiring un hooked.Hope this clarifies for you.
Aerosmith, None Other.
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

The top photo, that looks like the wiring to the 12v accessory outlet (cigarette plug/cell phone charger).
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

Lil Buddy wrote:The top photo, that looks like the wiring to the 12v accessory outlet (cigarette plug/cell phone charger).
Correct.

So, why did you take your Buddy apart?
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
crackerman

Post by crackerman »

I paid $400 for a 09' Buddy with 500 miles and a bent front end. The thing is like new. The bad is the frame is junk, front wheel, and a few of the plastics were cracked. So I stripped it. Picked up a 06' Honda Metro for $500 and the Buddy engine, wiring harness, and front disc brakes will be going into the Metro.

I also dropped a kit into the engine so it will be a Met/Buddy 161cc. Should be interesting. Got some parts today, but waiting on the engine mount.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

crackerman wrote:I paid $400 for a 09' Buddy with 500 miles and a bent front end. The thing is like new. The bad is the frame is junk, front wheel, and a few of the plastics were cracked. So I stripped it. Picked up a 06' Honda Metro for $500 and the Buddy engine, wiring harness, and front disc brakes will be going into the Metro.

I also dropped a kit into the engine so it will be a Met/Buddy 161cc. Should be interesting. Got some parts today, but waiting on the engine mount.
Very cool. Keep us up to date on the Metro Buddy.
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve