Scooter Racing in SW Ohio

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

seth xyl

Scooter Racing in SW Ohio

Post by seth xyl »

This could be YOU:

Introducing the Mid-West Scooter Racing League.

Scooter road racing (read scooter racing competitively on a go kart track) for $35 all weekend at G&J Kartway in Camden Ohio. More info, class rules, and safety stuff on the blogosphere.

Only $5 to spectate, so you can participate on an audience level, and we'd like that a whole lot too.
-Seth
2009 Black Jack
2005 Genuine Scooter Stella (Mint Mangle)
1986 Japanese market Honda CBR400R Aero
1987 Yamaha DT50, to be Supermoto'd
2003 KYMCO People 50 (Exile) OYL #77
1996 Kinetic TFR
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

There seems to be scooter racing sprouting up all over this year, which is AWESOME.

Just wish I was, um, less heavy and in better racing shape.

Also, if anyone hasn't heard, Genuine is looking for riders who are interested in racing.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I'd love to give it a go. Hope to at least get to go and watch some this summer.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
db

Post by db »

Wow, is that a buddy?? The frame doesn't look like it but the seat and headset and stuff
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

db wrote:Wow, is that a buddy?? The frame doesn't look like it but the seat and headset and stuff
Yup, that's a heavily modified racing Buddy from the Taiwan racing leagues.

Check this thread:
topic14326.html
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
db

Post by db »

freakin sweet
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

ericalm wrote:

Just wish I was, um, less heavy and in better racing shape.
I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't be the only one out there with those concerns. :wink:

And don't forget, Nobody learns faster or is more rewarded by progress than the beginner. :+!:
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

I would love to see this modified framework first hand. The pics don't reveal much. Why is it better? Is it super stiff? There seems to be a lot going on in the middle.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
richard

Post by richard »

Really looking forward to this, Seth. I hope it attracts a lot of attention. Gimme a couple years and I might join you on the track :D
PDR MCBC

Post by PDR MCBC »

Very sweet. No track time for me this year, but I'll be out on the sidelines shouting words of encouragement and derision at the racers!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I spoke to Anna from Genuine about the "racing team." If you're already racing, they're interested in helping out and sponsoring people. If you're not, I don't think they're handing out free scooters. :)

I would LOVE to see Genuine Racing Team jerseys or polos or pit crew shirts or whatever for sale on Scooterworks.
Jonny D

Im looking to hit up track days on a Buddy!

Post by Jonny D »

Hey, I wanted to revive this thread.

Is there anyone around the US still interested in hitting the track on a Buddy??
I'm looking into starting up a project race crew. I've got the tools and lift at the best scooter shop in the friggin whole world and Ive been looking into tracks around Colorado that have shown a little interest. Mostly laughs...

Has anyone heard if they are they still interested at Genuine?? Being a sales rep at Sportique I guess I should start with our local sales rep at Genuine and see what maybe she knows about it... Thinking out loud.

Lets get this chat rocking! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jonny D!
I fix what I can, I cant fix stupid.
www.SportiqueScooters.com
Ohh buddy

Re: Im looking to hit up track days on a Buddy!

Post by Ohh buddy »

Jonny D wrote:Hey, I wanted to revive this thread.

Is there anyone around the US still interested in hitting the track on a Buddy??
I'm looking into starting up a project race crew. I've got the tools and lift at the best scooter shop in the friggin whole world and Ive been looking into tracks around Colorado that have shown a little interest. Mostly laughs...

Has anyone heard if they are they still interested at Genuine?? Being a sales rep at Sportique I guess I should start with our local sales rep at Genuine and see what maybe she knows about it... Thinking out loud.

Lets get this chat rocking! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
well I'm interested in racing my buddy 50 hopefully soon I'll be rocking with a 60-70mph wheelie machine hopefully in 2015.