I did it, finally

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

db

I did it, finally

Post by db »

I got the 161cc kit and 150 head, prima pipe, ncy clutch and bell, ncy disc, forks, shock and vee ruber tires. already had the dr. pulley variator. Man, the kit and pipe make a world of difference. Going from an indicated 40-65 is a breeze, climbing hills is smoother and better. All around very good upgrade and worth the money for sure. If you dont have the cylinder kit I would get it now while it is still on sale. I only have 85 miles on it since install so we'll see how it really feels when broke in good. :D
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

How much (if you don't mind of course) did you throw down on this? All the upgrades/mods that is. Sounds awesome, congrats!
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Keep in mind that the 125 and the 50 are incompatible, DO. There's similar stuff for the 50, but it'll have different costs and outcomes.

If you're thinking of getting a 125 and the associated fun bits, then ignore the above. :)
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
dawg onit

Post by dawg onit »

Got my eyes on a used 125 here in Phx, it has more mileage though. Thinking of letting the 50 go, had fun with it, but you know.
db

Post by db »

The cost will vary depending on if you do it yourself or have a shop do it (however much they charge per hour) also if the parts are on sale or not. I got most of mine on sale through scooterworks.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

dawg onit wrote:Got my eyes on a used 125 here in Phx, it has more mileage though. Thinking of letting the 50 go, had fun with it, but you know.
I got ya. I wouldn't worry about more mileage, that's usually a good thing as long as they've kept up with maintenance and not trashed it about.

And I'd agree to hold out for a sale or two, with what you're looking to do, you could potentially save a hundred or so on the parts.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.