Stator

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

db

Stator

Post by db »

Is there a bigger replacement or a way to get more power to be able to run more electrical stuff? I recall there being stator talk on here before but didn't find any info on this.
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

I've not heard of anyone who has successfuly upgraded thier electrical system to run more stuff but I'd love to hear from anyone who has.
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The only obvious upgrade is a larger capacity battery. There are a couple different alternatives available that have been mentioned in other posts here such as the YTZ10S. Your stator is still putting out the same charge but the larger battery capacity can get you through periods of lower speed riding when the rate of battery recharge is low.
db

Post by db »

Kewl. I guess bigger battery it is. Thanks
Lil Buddy

Post by Lil Buddy »

Just to clarify... when looking for a replacement battery, your looking for one with a higher Ah (amp hour) rating. The stock battery in the Buddy 50 is 3Ah. Stock in the 125/150's is 6Ah. You can find 8-9Ah batterys they fit if you search around. You may need to do a very simple mod to your battery compartment to make your replacement battery fit.

See below for that mod and plenty more about batteries:
topic14379.html
jasondavis48108

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Lil Buddy wrote:Just to clarify... when looking for a replacement battery, your looking for one with a higher Ah (amp hour) rating. The stock battery in the Buddy 50 is 3Ah. Stock in the 125/150's is 6Ah. You can find 8-9Ah batterys they fit if you search around. You may need to do a very simple mod to your battery compartment to make your replacement battery fit.

See below for that mod and plenty more about batteries:
topic14379.html
Also, remember that the larger battery just allows you to store more juice. If your drawing more than the system is producing then you will still have to keep your scooter on a battery tender. I have a 9Ah battery in my scooter and I still don't use the electric starter very often as I have my running lights hooked up to where they come on when the scooter turns on and it draws a bit from the battery before the scooter is running. I really need to fix that some day :lol:
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid