Crashed my Buddy today

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sparty

Crashed my Buddy today

Post by sparty »

I just finished BCR training today and took my buddy out for a spin around the suburb neighood. Lost traction on a sandy corner and fell from the bike. Now one side of my buddy is all scratched up. It looks like I have to replae at least the right passenger pedal, the headlight cover, and the bottom right panel. the muffler is lightly scratched, but I think it's ok. Guess I have to take it back to the dealer this weekend for repair. :cry:

The scooter definitely behaves differently then the other bike that I rode in class. It fely weird at first being so close to the ground, but after I drove around for an hour today, I finally got a good feel for it. Don't think I will take it onto the freeway though..
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about your spill! I hope you didn't get hurt! Sand is treacherous, no doubt about that! Usually one spill or skid is all it takes to remember to take things slowly on sand! Your dealer should be able to get replacement parts for you and at a reasonable price. I'd be interested in knowing what the replacement parts cost, if you don't mind posting that info.

The Buddy is a great little street bike, but definitely not for freeways, in my opinion! Happy and safe scootin!
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
jess

Post by jess »

Yowch, glad you're okay. How fast do you think you were going? Any scratches on you, or did your gear do it's thing?
sparty

Post by sparty »

I wasn't going too fast.. maybe around 20. I was driving in my housing idea, one of those sub urb places, you know. It wouldn't be so bad, except it was downhill and the curve was full of small, fine stones. Never noticed it before in my car, and didn't thought much of it. I guess it was a combination of panicking and braking during the turn that triggered my problem. I only invested in riding boots so far, so my long sleeve shirt is now torn and got lightly scratched forearm/eblow. It's not going to look pretty tomorrow.... the stones really didn't help my fall.

Now I am shopping for a riding jacket. Not planning to use it (falling again), but i never hurts to be prepared.

Kind of a stupid question. Since I have an orange Buddy, what color of jacket should I get (blue, green, yello, or red?) I am an idiot on color cooridination. I don't want to dress cool, just don't want crashing colors..